From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand FPGA Configuration Editor (VCE) - Feedback

Hi ElectricWrath,

I might have found a root cause for both of your issues:

1. The first, less problematic issue is with an FPGA config file not opening in the VCE: I've updated the VCE as there's a bug in the current version that is related to parameter management in U32 elements. solution: download the vCE 1.1 that will be uploaded asap
  2. The second, and far more serious, problem is a config file that was created in VCE but throws an error when I try to add the FPGA target to my VS project: I've checked and packet 12 on the DMA_WRITE contains 2 PWM elements. As a single PWM element is 64 bit wide, you cannot include 2 PWM element in a single packet. solution: I'll send you an updated version of the fpgaconfig file in a PM

Let me know if this can help you.

Regards

Fabio

Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(2,524 Views)

Awesome! That would explain why I keep getting the error about the packet length exceeding 64 bits! I'll grab the new version of VCE ASAP.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(2,524 Views)

Chuck,

I downloaded the 1.1.0 installer zip file, but it appears to be installing 1.0.3 instead. Am I missing something here?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(2,524 Views)

I've just uploaded the correct installer. I was missing to update the version numbers of both exe and installer. Now it should be fixed.

Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(2,524 Views)

Can you also upload an version for LV 2013?

Ash

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(2,524 Views)

Hi,

I try updating an existing "*.fpgaconfig" file (that I have already use in the system explorer) with VCE 1.1 and it returns an error (537020).

It seems that the I16 channels shall not have parameters

When using the labview project, the error message is :

"

<append>

Line 40

The element I16  tried to make Parameters  a child element but is not allowd. Valid children are:

"

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(2,524 Views)

Can you attach the .fpgaconfig file? It seems that you tried to add a parameter (e.g. timeout for PWM reading) on a wrong channel. You'll see it if you manually open the .fpgaconfig file with a text editor and go to line 40 as stated in the error message.

Thanks

Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(2,524 Views)

I attach the fpgaconfig file.

In line 40, I add parameters to a I16 channel.

Message 18 of 23
(2,524 Views)

Hi Thierry, sorry for getting back to you so lately.

Unfortunately, the current version of vce does not support setting/getting parameters on channels that are not PWM. I could add such feature on the next release that could be available by the end of may. Does it fit with your schedule?

Thanks

Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(2,524 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

Currently, I can update my fpgaconfig file manually. VCE helps me to ease this handling.

But It could be nice to have this update for your next release

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(2,524 Views)