From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Hi Peter,

Where I shall call the local variable? In the Get Channel Value step, I can only see 'Configure Channel' which I can select the channel in Veristand. I attached the pictures which is what I can see from the Get Channel Value step.

Thank you,

Weina

0 Kudos
Message 281 of 292
(2,212 Views)

Just add a Statement in the next line that stores the Get Channel result into your local variable.  "Locals.abc = RunState.PreviousStep.Result.Numeric"

0 Kudos
Message 282 of 292
(2,205 Views)

Good! I just talked to NI customer support, and they give the same solution. Thanks Robert.

0 Kudos
Message 283 of 292
(2,202 Views)

Hi,

Robert is correct.  Just to share something, I utilize Get Channel and Set Channel steps extensively in my testing.  I store all of the Get Channel calls into designated global variables and also utilize global variables (or constants) to set all of the Set Channel values.  I do this because I have many, many sequences (which I call test functions) in my Sequence file.  I want to be able to share data among test functions, so it's much easier for me to just use global variables, and it works fine that way.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 284 of 292
(2,198 Views)

Thanks Peter. I am a beginner in Teststand collaborating with Verstand. I appreciate helps from you guys with more experience in this field.

0 Kudos
Message 285 of 292
(2,193 Views)

Hi there,

I have a fresh installation of teststand 2017 and installed ni-veristand-2018-steps-for-teststand_8.1.0+113_windows_x64 also. I cannot open the veristand project and deploy it, but I can start veristand.

Like mentioned in https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Error-1172-and-Error-1-when-opening-VeriStand/td-p/2147044, a restart didn't help. I receive the error message for opening the project:

Error executing substep 'ProjectOpen'.
Invoke Node System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht.
Inner Exception: NationalInstruments.VeriStand.VeriStandException: GSW.lvlib:Launch VeriStand.vi >> VeriStand Application.lvlib:VeriStand Root Loop.vi >> Project Server.lvlibSmiley Tongueroject Server.vi\r
=========================
NI VeriStand: C:\\Projects\\HiL\\PlatformComponent\\VeristandProject\\MirrorProcess\\MirrorProcess.nivsproj NationalInstruments.VeriStand.VeriStandException in ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:NI_VS Project ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Open Project Reference.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibpSmiley TonguerojectOpen.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibpSmiley TonguerojectOpen.vi.ProxyCaller
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x494) In einer externen Assembly ist ein .NET-Ausnahmefehler aufgetreten. Für Hinweise zum Beheben dieses Fehlers kopieren Sie den folgenden Ausnahmefehler (fett gedruckt) und suchen Sie auf der Website des Microsoft Developer Networks (MSDN) oder im Internet nach einer möglichen Erklärung.[Error Code: 1172]

and the message for the deploy:

Error executing substep 'ProjectDeploy'.
Invoke Node Error calling method NationalInstruments.VeriStand.ClientAPI.IProject.Deploy, (System.ArgumentNullException: Der Schlüssel darf nicht NULL sein.\r
Parametername: key) System.ArgumentNullException in ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:NI_VS Project ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Deploy Project.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibpSmiley TonguerojectDeploy.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibpSmiley TonguerojectDeploy.vi.ProxyCaller
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x494) In einer externen Assembly ist ein .NET-Ausnahmefehler aufgetreten. Für Hinweise zum Beheben dieses Fehlers kopieren Sie den folgenden Ausnahmefehler (fett gedruckt) und suchen Sie auf der Website des Microsoft Developer Networks (MSDN) oder im Internet nach einer möglichen Erklärung.[Error Code: 1172]

Thanks for your help

Greets
ManuKlause

LabVIEW 2018
Veristand 2018
Teststand 2017
0 Kudos
Message 286 of 292
(2,140 Views)

Afternoon,

I posted a question here, regarding an error I was getting when using the 'Start VS Logging' step. I was kindly directed to this forum. Please see attached image of error message.

I am fairly new to Teststand, so if someone could shed some light on this issue I would really appreciate it.

Si

0 Kudos
Message 287 of 292
(2,052 Views)

Just a friendly reminder that this package is also supported at the GitHub project page.

https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/VeriStand-steps-for-TestStand/issues

0 Kudos
Message 288 of 292
(1,964 Views)

@FLQ wrote:

Hi all,

I encountered a problem when trying to pass parameter values from TestStand to an RT Sequence if the parameter values are saved in TestStand variables (in this case Locals).

The values to pass don't reach their linked parameters in the RT Sequence, there the parameters are just set to value 0.

If I don't use TestStand variables and pass a particular number, it works.

In the attached file the values for Param1, Param3 and Param4 don't reach the RT Sequence, the second parameter ("1") is passed correctly.

As TestStand makes suggetions to choose between TestStand variables when I type "Locals." in the Parameter Value lines of the Configure Real Time Sequence window, I wonder if passing values from TestStand variables is a feature that is not (yet?) supported and just not resulting in an error/hint.

Supporting this would be some kind of key functionality for me to keep my TestStand sequences modular and scalable for the users.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Flo

Replying to this comment as it was the question I was trying to asked and not sure if it has been answered but I solved the problem. When you set the parameter/local variable as an entry in the "Configure RT Sequence" dialog box. It resets to send a string of the entered value instead of passing a reference to the parameter/local variable. 

To change this, select step properties and go down to property browser. You will find the expression for the ParamValuesArray. You will see the value has string quotation marks around it. Simply remove the quotation marks and TestStand will pass the value of the referenced variable in. 

0 Kudos
Message 289 of 292
(1,819 Views)

I am no longer able to use these steps to deploy any versitand projects across any of my PCs

LabView 2018

Veristand 2018

Teststand 2017

I get the follow error on my initialize veristand step

Error executing substep 'InitializeVeriStand'.
Property Node in ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:VeristandInitialize.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:VeristandInitialize.vi.ProxyCaller
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x1) An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.

0 Kudos
Message 290 of 292
(1,801 Views)