NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Hi,

We are using VS steps for TS with NI 2016 suite.

We use a VeriStand project with various models and a Custom Device we both have developped.

To undeploy the project, we use custom step "Close VeriStand" with type "StopVeriStand". Its description is : "This step undeploys and closes the project.".

When we undeploy the project, VeriStand starts to undeploy the models. After the models have finished their deinit, it starts to undeploy the Custom Device and immediatly returns to VeriStand home page (where you can select the project to open), while the Custom Device is still performing its deinit, which is quite long in our project because there is a lot of resources to free.

My question is : Is there a way to know when the project is fully undeployed, ie models and custon devices have finished their deinit ?

Because if we close VeriStand before this, CD deinit will be interrupted and the last resources will not be freed.

BR,

Florent

0 Kudos
Message 271 of 292
(2,770 Views)

Responding to Jean-Louis' question:

"Since these Custom Step Types are still using sequence FileGlobals, how can we use this palette in a complex project with many SequenceFiles ?

This problem is described in : https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Share-File-Globals-between-sequence-files/m-p/3627086"

As of version >7.0.0 most of the references used by the step types are actually stored in a functional global variable within the packed project library containing the run-time modules. The File Globals are still populated with .NET references so they can be used by other user step types or directly with the VeriStand .NET API.

The only File Globals still required by certain steps are FileGlobals.Veristand.GatewayIP (all RT Sequence and Stimulus Profile Steps; Start/Stop Logging Steps) and FileGlobals.Veristand.ProjectPath (Initialize VeriStand, Open Project only).

A subsequence located in the same sequence file as the original calling sequence should not require adding or setting any additional File Globals in the subsequence. This is true even if you run the subsequence in a new thread.

A subsequence located in a separate sequence file must contain the FileGlobals.Veristand.GatewayIP variable set to the correct GatewayIP in order for certain steps to work.  

2018-07-31 14_42_36-rtt-test-15 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

I started an issue to document this issue here: https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/VeriStand-steps-for-TestStand/issues/22

I hope this helps!

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 272 of 292
(2,635 Views)

Adding on to my response to Jean-Louis' question:

My previous answer was incomplete and doesn't address variables needed to configure the steps at edit-time. The SystemDefinitionPath File Global is required to configure the step types using the configuration GUIs. 

This variable is necessary unless the step types are already configured or you are configuring the steps by setting the step properties directly. 

There is updated documentation for the use of References and Subsequences available in the VeriStand Steps for TestStand User Manual as well as on the project's GitHub Wiki. We will include an example demonstrating the use of references and subsequences in a future release.

Wiki Page:

Understanding References

0 Kudos
Message 273 of 292
(2,628 Views)

When will an installer be available for the combination TestStand 2017 and VeriStand 2018 ?

0 Kudos
Message 274 of 292
(2,572 Views)

Everything related to this project is now available through the GitHub project page. There are releases for VeriStand 2018 available. After version 7.2.2 all releases include support for all versions of TestStand including 2014, 2016, and 2017. 

VeriStand Steps for TestStand

Versions 8.0.0 and later use NI Package Manager instead of a traditional Windows installer. We highly recommend moving to NI Package Manager if possible because all future updates will be released as NI Package files (.nipkg).

Please use the GitHub page to submit any issues you encounter.

VeriStand Steps for TestStand Issues

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 275 of 292
(2,567 Views)

How can I deploy my Veristand project without the work space popping up? I assumed that was the silent connect step but that step just gives me an error when I try to browse for my SysDef file

0 Kudos
Message 276 of 292
(2,549 Views)

There is an option in the Initialize VeriStand step called Visible?. This controls whether the Workspace and UI Manager open when the project is deployed. 

Remember you can always post issues to the project's GitHub page and may get a faster response there.

https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/VeriStand-steps-for-TestStand/issues

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 277 of 292
(2,545 Views)

HI, I installed "ni-veristand-2017-steps-for-teststand_8.0.1+118_windows_x64" vipk package, my Veristand vision is 2017,my Teststand vision is 2017(32bit), the operating system is Win7 64bit and I installed Veristand in D:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\VeriStand 2017 。but I still encountered problems using initialize Veristand step in teststand, you can give me some suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 278 of 292
(2,431 Views)

Hello,

I have question on the step: Get Channel Value.

After executing this step, the result is stored in step.result.numeric. However, I have other step in this sequence need to get access to this value. As far as I know, storing data in Locals is the best way to share data in the same sequence. How can I share the value in other steps where I get from Get Channel Value?

Thanks,
Weina

0 Kudos
Message 279 of 292
(2,118 Views)

If you're within the same sequence, just call the Local variable.  If you want to use the channel value in other sequences, then store the Get Channel value in a global variable.

0 Kudos
Message 280 of 292
(2,116 Views)