NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

A new version of the VeriStand Steps is available on the community page

Version 7 Release Notes

• Launching VeriStand silently with Initialize VeriStand now suppresses both the Workspace and UI Manager
  • RT Sequence Steps and Stimulus Profile Steps now include an additional Timeout step property which causes the Step to Timeout. This is different from these Steps' existing Timeout_ms property which is the RT Sequence Timestep Timeout. 
  • Stop VeriStand Step now includes an additional CloseApp step property which closes the VeriStand application
  • Some Steps now use LabVIEW references stored in FileGlobals.Veristand.LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 261 of 292
(1,659 Views)

I tried to upgrade to version 7 and it broke all my existing veristand steps.  I had to go back to version 6

0 Kudos
Message 262 of 292
(1,657 Views)

It's hard to guess without more details. 

After installing new Step Types you'll be prompted to upgrade the Step Type versions the next time you open/run/save your sequence files depending on your TestStand settings. Did you update the Types in your Sequence Files to use the new Types version? 

Feel free to post more details including the error/behavior you are seeing with the updated steps. 

0 Kudos
Message 263 of 292
(1,654 Views)

Hi Andy,

Could you please confirm, if I am using the latest Version, will it be useful to solve my issue.

I am using v14.0.3.0. I am facing problem only in "Set Channel Value" step.

0 Kudos
Message 264 of 292
(1,638 Views)

Hi Samraj, the Set Channel Value Step also has a timeout property in the latest version of the Step Types. Unfortunately the latest version is only built for VeriStand 2015 and later. Are you able to use a newer version of VeriStand? 

0 Kudos
Message 265 of 292
(1,634 Views)

Yeah Andy. I can update VeriStand to latest version and I will use the latest toolkit and will update you.

0 Kudos
Message 266 of 292
(1,631 Views)

Error in Alarm Module Step

I was using the Alarm feature of the NI VeriStand 2013 in NI TestStand 2013 sequence with the help of "TS 2013 VS 2013 SP1" addon. The sequence have a loop to enable alarms, monitor alarms and disable alarms, and the loop repeats in particular interval of time. It was working perfect in NI 2013 version.

Later I upgraded to NI 2016 version (TestStand 2016, VeriStand 2016 and NI Veristand Add on version 16.0.6.0). Now the Alarm started triggering only for the first iteration of the loop and not triggering for subsequent iterations. It just enable and disable the alarm status (observed through the Alarm Monitor window of the VeriStand), but not triggering the alarm when the monitored value goes of the range. It is working perfect if we manually disable and enable the alarm from Alarm Monitor window.

Steps used

To enable and disable the alarm: Set Alarm State

To monitor alarm status: Get Alarm State

RTLTTS

0 Kudos
Message 267 of 292
(1,576 Views)

Hi RTLTTS, this should be fixed in version 7.2 available on the community page

0 Kudos
Message 268 of 292
(1,558 Views)

Does 7.2 support assigning local TestStand variables to RT sequence parameters?

0 Kudos
Message 269 of 292
(1,546 Views)

Hi Robert, this should already be possible using the Step Properties fields rather than the Step Configuration GUI. 

rt_seq_param_expression.png

0 Kudos
Message 270 of 292
(1,537 Views)