From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Thanks Andy.  I just tested the code and it is getting the correct values from VeriStand.  What was throwing me off was that sometimes when you click "Configure Channel" it doesn't come up with the channel highlighted in the list.  If you click "Configure Channel" over and over, you will see it fail 1 in 5 times roughly.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 221 of 292
(835 Views)

Hi,

Do you have available a download for custom steps types compatible with TestStand version 2016 and VeriStand version 2015?  Or do we need to update to VeriStand 2016 and get the 2016-2016 Custom Steps?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 222 of 292
(826 Views)

Peter,

We have not published an installer for the VeriStand 2015 / TestStand 2016 combination. Our first recommendation is to transition to VeriStand 2016 / TestStand 2016 for new projects. 

We will be releasing an installer for VeriStand 2017 / TestStand 2016 within the next two weeks which would be another option.

Please let us know if your project requires using an older version combination. We don't currently have plans to release installers for these versions, but we might be able to help if your upgrade options are limited for some reason. 

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 223 of 292
(818 Views)

Andy,

The team I'm working on will need VS 2015 and TS 2016 as well.  It would be great if your team could provide that version.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 224 of 292
(801 Views)

Hello,

I am using TS 2016 & VS 2016 and I have trouble to pass simple Parameters from Teststand to my Veristand Real-Time Sequences.

#1: I can only pass Double values, Integers won't work. I am testing with a simple pass-through real-time sequence which takes the Input Parameter and writes it to the Output. Whenever I use Integers, the Output is just 0.

#2: I cannot pass the Parameter from a variable in teststand, no matter what type the variable is. It only works when I set the Parameter directly (under 'Configure RT sequence')

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 225 of 292
(781 Views)

@ peterlakey and Holtee, we will be adding installers for VeriStand 2017 / TestStand 2016 as well as VeriStand 2015 SP1 / TestStand 2016. I am working with our IT folks to get access to add more files to the download page for the add-on. I'm hopeful I will be able to get these up soon.

0 Kudos
Message 226 of 292
(770 Views)

Hi everyone,

FYI that installers are now available for VeriStand 2017 as well as VeriStand 2015 SP1 + TestStand 2016. 

@alezap, we found a bug related to your first comment. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. A fix is now included. 

We will be looking into your second comment as we prepare for the next release. 

Thanks!

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 227 of 292
(742 Views)

Andy,

Any plans to post the new source.  We would like to modify some of the steps for our needs.

Thanks,

Holtee

0 Kudos
Message 228 of 292
(712 Views)

Hi Holtee,

We're working on getting the source code merged into the repository here.

https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/VeriStand-steps-for-TestStand

For now you can access the source code via the repository fork/outstanding pull request at the above repo. 

Note that we do not currently have good public facing build instructions. We will be adding that in the coming weeks.

Please feel free to submit any feature requests or issues you find to the repo's Issue Tracking page so we can keep track of outstanding issues and feature requests from the community. 

We are always happy to review and incorporate any changes you make back to the main branch so that you won't be forced to work on your own branch of the code.

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 229 of 292
(690 Views)

Hi,

We have recently updated our system to TestStand 2016 and VeriStand 2015 and installed the associated Custom VeriStand steps.  We noticed there is an addition of a variable for the Set Channel type.  This is not a problem.  However, when calling a Get Channel step I keep getting the same error message, below.  Can someone provide thoughts on what might be causing this?  Our HIL setup is the same.  VeriStand seems to be running fine, just the Get Channel step doesn't work now.

Error Message: Error executing substep 'GetChannelValue'.
Attempting to call instance member 'GetSingleChannelValue' on an Object Reference set to Nothing. [Error Code: -17300]

0 Kudos
Message 230 of 292
(665 Views)