NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand FPGA XML Builder Node Feedback

Are you sure you loaded this into a new project? Those errors look like reload issues.

If you load this into a new project, you should get errors complaining about line 13, which if you open the file you'll notice there's an empty category. Delete lines 12 through 14 and it should load.

To fix the empty category, go back into the node and check your config there. But, you'll likely have to re-generate and re-compile. You can also manually fix the naming and assignment of channels to categories within the file, just don't change the order of channels since that's how the node has scripted the FPGA code to send them up.

Hope that helps --Ryan_S

Message 141 of 174
(2,114 Views)

I started over again with a new project and tracked my steps.  See attached; same result.  I deleted lines 12 through 14 but it didn't reload.

0 Kudos
Message 142 of 174
(2,107 Views)

Okay, so I was able to check with my "go to guy" here onsite.  I needed to go get NI VeriStand FPGA DMA.xsl and NI VeriStand FPGA DMA.xsd out of C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2016 and place them in the same folder as my .fpgaconfig and .lvbitx files.  I did have to delete the empty category also.  That is the solution to error 2628.

0 Kudos
Message 143 of 174
(2,106 Views)

Hi Ryan,

I've installed all the packages as per the document suggests but when I put down the XML Builder node onto the Block Diagram, LabVIEW searches for three missing DLLs.

NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemStorageUI.dll

NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemStorage.dll

National Instruments.VeriStand.SystemDefinitionAPI.dll

Where can I find these/what am I missing from my installation?

Thanks,

HPT

EDIT: All solved. Didn't follow the installation instructions to the T and missed out the LabVIEW Config File step.... (doh!)

0 Kudos
Message 144 of 174
(2,052 Views)

I am working on an I/O package that is mostly Boolean values.  I hit the 500 Node limit, is there a way to increase this value?

-Lee

0 Kudos
Message 145 of 174
(2,045 Views)

Hi,

Working with the Veristand XML Builder (Great job by the way), I could successfully generate the fpgaconfig and use it into Veristand.

But for some time, when I need to re-generate the XML file, I got first "Success", with the dimensions to be given to the DMA FIFO, but just after I keep getting Error 8

Date: 09/07/2018
Time: 14:53
Error: 8
Error Source: Open/Create/Replace File in Xnode Build XML.vi->XNode_BuildAction.vi->FPGA XML.xnode:GenerateCode.vi->FPGA XML.xnode:GenerateCode.vi.ProxyCaller<APPEND>
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2017\FPGA\cRIO-9039 Veristand FPGA.fpgaconfig

This error seems to appear randomly. The FPGA config file is not generated.

EDIT : A workaround was to change the base folder in the XML Builder from C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2017\FPGA to a place without any space (Desktop for instance)

0 Kudos
Message 146 of 174
(1,950 Views)

Yikes, that's a lot of booleans...

The 500 max is hard coded within the node (regrettably) but if you can find the initialization VI for the node you might be able to change it locally. I don't remember where that is though. But I don't know if that's the right approach here...

Normally with that many bools you'd want to bring them in as ports, and read/write to VS as U8's. That does mean your models either need to accept them as ports or you need a simple LabVIEW model to convert the port into indivual booleans. You lose one tick of the PCL for that, but it's almost always a better solution than bringing that many individual booleans up/down...

0 Kudos
Message 147 of 174
(1,942 Views)

This error is coming from the LV primitive, nothing special from the node. Likely causes are either:

1. You have a system definition open that is referencing the XML while you're try to generate

2. You have the XML file open in an editor like notepad++

3. Somehow your public documents folder has had permissions added to it (unlikely)

I'm guessing it's 1 or 2, and moving to a new location simply meant the app that was referencing the active copy (either VS or a text editor) no longer got in the way.

Message 148 of 174
(1,940 Views)

It's not totally wrong...

Closing the Veristand System Definition (and even the application) as well as any Notepad-like app which might be using the XML file, the file is properly generated... But I still got the error.

So, being sure that nothing is using the file at generation time, I might encouter the error, but the file is generated. That error does not come systematically.

It's not very big issue, but it is needed to know that the file is correctly generated even with the error prompting.

0 Kudos
Message 149 of 174
(1,927 Views)

We found a way to reduce the I/O count.

0 Kudos
Message 150 of 174
(1,917 Views)