NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Engine & EtherCAT Custom Device Feedback

Dear Forum

I tried to add a NI 9216 Module to my Veristand project. Currently it doesn't seem to be supported by the scan engine. Would it be possible to add this module?

Thanks,

Raphael

0 Kudos
Message 641 of 676
(1,934 Views)

Hi,

I try to add 3rd-party device to my Ethercat network (NIVS 2017). I added (manually) the xml files to my host and RT-Target, so I can see them in the found profiles of the "Manage 3rd-party ECAT slaves" page.

But how can I add them to my network ? The only option I found to add a ECAT slave is to add NI-914x !

Thanks for your help

Regards

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 642 of 676
(1,888 Views)

Currently, the only way to add 3rd-party EtherCAT slaves is to use the Auto-Detect Functionality. You'll want to make sure you've set the correct IP address on the controller tab and that the I/O Variable Remote Configuration Web Service is installed on the master. Let us know if you have any further issues.

0 Kudos
Message 643 of 676
(1,882 Views)

scan.pngI get this error when I try to autodetect modules.  I do have I/O Variable Remote Configuration Web Service 17.0 installed.

0 Kudos
Message 644 of 676
(1,879 Views)

Indeed, the "auto-detect" functionality discovered my devices.

Thanks a lot !

0 Kudos
Message 645 of 676
(1,878 Views)

Do you have the EtherCAT driver installed? Since the custom device is designed to detect both local and EtherCAT chassis, it does need that driver to execute. If you don't have it, you can find the 2017 download here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-industrial-communications-for-ethercat-17.0/6540/en/.

Message 646 of 676
(1,871 Views)

Hello, 

I'm getting an error when I try to deploy my system definition file. See attached pic.

I'm running VS2015SP1 with the Scan Engine & EtherCAT Custom Device along with an FPGA personality.A

Any idea what might be causing the issue? 

Regards,
Dave

0 Kudos
Message 647 of 676
(1,807 Views)

Sometimes with an added FPGA personality you have to increase the delay after FPGA loads (s) to 5 seconds or more.

0 Kudos
Message 648 of 676
(1,799 Views)

Hi Joshe,

I have set it to 5secs. I will try an increase to 10 or more seconds? 

Regards,
Dave

0 Kudos
Message 649 of 676
(1,797 Views)

Can any one confirm if Scan Engine supports the new Crio's with DaqMX, specifically the Crio-9045?

0 Kudos
Message 650 of 676
(1,610 Views)