NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Engine & EtherCAT Custom Device Feedback

It works sometimes it doesn't others... eventually it just stops working all together. The error is generated when we are attempting to set the module settings via the API. I've CAR'd this for R&D (327361) hopefully they can find a workaround or get a fix into RIO 4.1.

In the mean time, you might have to find a 9211 or 9213 module.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 676
(5,967 Views)

Hello.  Im getting an error when I try to load a bitfile to my ethercat chasis.  Im using NIVS 2011 and have downloaded the latest ethercat custom device. Im able to deploy and use the Ethercat chasis.  So I am unsure why I am getting this error. Veristand Error Master Not Found.gif

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 676
(5,967 Views)

This error happens when you click download FPGA?

Can you check to make sure a few things:

1. The controller OS and IP address are set correctly in your system definition
  2. If you look at your target in MAX, under ethernet settings you can see the 2nd Ethernet port is set to EtherCAT with master id 0
  3. You have a 9144 slave connected to this port and powered
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 676
(5,967 Views)

If it works when you deploy, it means that the IP address, master ID, and slave ID are correct.  So it must be a problem with the remote communication.  Does the "Auto-Detect EtherCAT" button work correctly (on the main Scan Engine & EtherCAT page)?  My guess is that you don't have the "I/O Variable Remote Configuration Web Service" installed on your RT target.  Open MAX and check the software installed on the target.  If this is not on it, you will need to install it in order to use any remote communication (detection and bitfile deployment).

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 676
(5,967 Views)

The IP address is correct. The Master id of the etherCAT is 0.  Im able to deploy my NIVS project with this ethercat chasis correctly with no errors and use the I/O on it.  I get this error when I try to download the FPGA and also when I try to revert back to Scan mode.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 676
(5,967 Views)

Brandyn, see my post above.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 676
(5,967 Views)

It was not installed.  I can download a bitfile now.  However, when I try to revert to Scan mode, my Slot 8 still says its unavailable.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 676
(5,967 Views)

Nevermind.  I just needed to autodetect and it showed back up.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 676
(5,967 Views)

We isolated it to an NI RIO bug that isn't getting fixed until NI Week 2012. Devin just uploaded a new version 3.1 that should be more robust and works around this NI RIO problem so the 9219 should work now.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 676
(5,967 Views)

FYI, a new version has been posted.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 676
(5,967 Views)