NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1939 Add-on Feedback

YES, deploy successfully. when i click the button referesh address after running project and popuping workspace, the error above will occur.

0 Kudos
Message 91 of 175
(4,789 Views)

Did you try right clicking on the workspace and reselecting the custom device from the pop up menu?  That is what the error is saying to do.  I should make that more clear.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 175
(4,789 Views)

thank you for your reply. I got it work successfully as belowsuccess.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 175
(4,789 Views)

Awesome! I hope this helps your customer get things sorted out!

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 175
(4,789 Views)

Hi,Danied_E

I am Wangwen of Hirain,the customer of jarm.woo's. I tried to use 2 NI CAN channels to simulate the J1939 communication. One is as the sender,and another one is as the receiver. The result is same as yours, working successfully. But when I use the Third party tools(Vector CANoe, or customer's ECU), It fails, as jarm.woo descript. I have made many attempts, but no help. Could you please give me some advice. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 95 of 175
(4,789 Views)

Hey Wangwen,

I am glad you got part of it to work!  What I would try next is to log my messages that do work and log the messages that don't work.  Then, compare them to see what is different.  Post the results here and I will help you as best I can.  I understand why the third party tool doesn't work as it wasn't supporting address claiming.  The customer ECU should work since it should support address claiming.  The only thing I have seen that would cause that not to work is how the ECU expects the fill bytes.  Some J1939 messages are not 8 bytes (like the requests for address claiming), so you either send the message as the actual bytes (ie. 3 bytes) or you send it with fill bytes (ie. 3 bytes of data and 5 bytes of xFF or x00).  Some ECUs care a lot about this and won't listen to you if you have the wrong fill bytes.  I think a log comparison of the two different transmitions is the place to start.

Thanks!

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 175
(4,789 Views)

Dear sir

This is venkateswaran from Pricol Coimbatore,We are testing J1939 based Instrument Cluster for this we having Adlink based PXI system with NI PXI-8513 CAN card.We saw video in the community and we trying to do the same thing with the J1939 - Workspace Control.VI  but we expierencing some errors ,according to the document we already installed the NI Veristand 2013 and NI-XNET 8.0. Our UUT specs basicaly having two informations like PGN number,SPN Number and we want to know how can we use these specs with J1939 - Workspace Control.VI

Please find the attachments of Error images and specs of my UUT.Kindly reply me

Thanks & Regards

Venkateswaran V

Automation Engineer

Dear Born Electronics,BangaloreImage 1.JPGImage 2.JPGImage 3.JPGSpecs.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 97 of 175
(4,789 Views)

Hey,

Thank you for the pictures. That is helpful. From the pictures, it looks like you haven't added the workspace control to the VeriStand workspace.  VeriStand is a pre-built stand alone application that can be augmented through custom tools.  This is a custom tool that is meant to plug into VeriStand and it will not work outside of that context.  So, if you just open the workspace control in LabVIEW and hit run, it will return the errors you posted.  Please review the Getting Started Documentation (videos and document) on the J1939 Add-on page on how to set up VeriStand for J1939 and review some of the VeriStand Getting Started (built into the splash screen). 

If this isn't the case and/or you are still having trouble, let me know.

Thanks!

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Message 98 of 175
(4,789 Views)

Thank you for your replay I am try to add workspace control to veristand but it show error please see below picture and according to the start up document I am trying to add J1939 addon to system defination that time it happens to me(Custom device).

Thankserror 23.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 175
(4,789 Views)

Hey,

I just tried it on my system and I don't get any errors.  Please walk me through exactly what you did from the very beginning.  What version of the add-on did you download?  Did you get the built or the source?  Where did you put the add-on on disk?  Have you tried to change any of the code?  How did you add the add-on to the system definition?  Do you have a valid DBC file?

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Message 100 of 175
(4,789 Views)