From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engine Simulation Toolkit Feedback

Drag the vertical black arrow left/right to move the cursor with your mouse. To move it with your keyboard type into the position, tooth, or offset controls.

I've found an issue adding pulses to the -360 to 0 degree range if you've added one to the 0 to 360 degree range. I'm looking into a fix now

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 200
(4,996 Views)

Stephen, now i want to use 9263 and 9401 to generate engine camshaft and crankshaft signal, and get some questions to ask you:

1.do i have to create a Veristand FPGA project including 9263 and 9401 before adding a lvbitx file in this custom device? so how to create the Veristand

FPGA project ?  is it created by FPGA-Based I/O tools as instructed at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13815? if so, how do i create the

Veristand FPGA project related to this custome device because it doesn't include the old AES library vi at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-5684

2. Do the 9401 simulate both the camshaft and crankshaft signal using this custom device in session of digital patterns and 9263 simulate both them in session of  Angle process unit?

3. my customer 's camshaft signal consists of 6+1 sinusoidal analogy waveform and crankshaft singal consists of 58+1 sinusoidal analogy waveform , so is it configurated in digital pattern session as below:

crank.PNGcam.PNG

here is my custome cram and crank signal waveform pictures from sensors: the top one is crank signal, and the bottom is cram signal

crank and cam.PNG

so is it right for my configuration in VS?

looking forward your reply.thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 200
(4,996 Views)

Hi Jarm,

1. You will need to create a bitfile that suits the IO you need to do for your application. See my post #6 above for how to do this.

To create a bitfile:

1. Download the vip file attached to the page.
  2. Install it with VI Package Manager 2014 or later
  3. After installing, click 'examples' to navigate to the examples provided with the VI package
  4. Open the examples to see how the FPGA IP is put together
  5. Use the information from the example to create your own bitfile for your specific needs on your specific FPGA target

2. The 9401 is a digital module, so it is used for digital pattern generation. The 9263 is an analog module so it is used for analog replay. Each can be used for crank and cam generation, depending on the sensor type... digital (hall effect) or analog (variable reluctance). See the description from the NI Engine Simulation Toolkit for NI VeriStand

Digital Pattern Generation

•     Typical crank and cam Hall effect sensor simulation
  •     Generates arbitrary digital pulses based on engine position
  •     Intuitive, powerful GUI for pattern design
  •     Rotationally phase playback position at run time

Analog Replay

•     Typical crank and cam variable reluctance sensor simulation
  •     Replays any data file over a crank or cycle rotation
  •     Scale voltage by engine speed or manually
  •     Rotationally phase playback position at run time

3. If your customers signal is a sinusoid analog waveform, you should not use digital patterns to simulate it. Instead, you should use analog replay.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 200
(4,996 Views)

why do the sys defenition file have nothing to configure after i build the lvbitx file?

error.PNG

I post the cRIO project as attachment

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 200
(4,996 Views)

Hi Jarm,

Your FPGA code would have to include Engine Simulation Toolkit IP for it to have any Engine Simulation Toolkit IP in it.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 200
(4,996 Views)

NFT,

I've made a fix to digital pattern gen in the latest version I just posted. Can you give that a try and see if the GUI works better?

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-37304#121

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 200
(4,996 Views)

Hi Stephen,

Much better. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 200
(4,996 Views)

Fantastic. Thank you for getting back to me!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 200
(4,996 Views)

Hi Stephen,

I have some questions/comments about the "Select Analog Data Replay Data Options" window:

1. When selecting a different channel from the "Channel" dropdown, the plot doesn't update with the newly selected data.
  2. How do I know what to set for "FPGA memory size"? Is this automatically selected based on the imported data?
  3. Under "Data Selection Method", the "Samples" display shows 10000, but there are only 720 samples available in the file I imported. Should this automatically update? What happens if I leave it at 10000?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 200
(4,996 Views)

Hi NFT,

Thanks for the feedback

1. This is a bug. I just reproduced it. I will post a fix soon. For a temporary work around, select the channel you wish to use, then click 'Confirm Selection', then click some other element in the system definition tree, then click back on the analog replay. It will have loaded your selected channel then.
  2. Unfortunately I cannot parse that information from the bitfile, so you will have to ask the bitfile author what size memory they used in the bitfile. The default is 16,384... so if they don't remember/know... its probably 16,384
  3. Good question. That is the samples you're asking the toolkit to load from the file, and it defaults to 100,000. However, if there are less samples in that file then it will only load that many. You can see how many were loaded in the "Loaded samples" indicator just to the right.
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 200
(4,996 Views)