From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

I uninstalled version 2.2 and opened TestStand and verified that both folders are gone.  I then installed 2.2 again and they both come back.  I'm also having issues executing steps.  I created a simple sequence that just calls "Start VeriStand", I hit the "Initialize (Run this once)" button and when I execute the step I get the following error:

Capture.JPG

Here is a snap shot of my Locals.  It doesn't look like the VeriStand container is being populated:

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 202
(3,793 Views)

Weird, Did you save the sequence file before running the config dialog?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 202
(3,793 Views)

Yes.  The problem still exists. 

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 202
(3,793 Views)

Ok, I think I see the issue.  You need to set the property of the step to the installation directory for your VeriStand installation.  The default is on a x64 bit Windows machine.startveristand.png

The initialize step is working correctly for Start VeriStand since it is creating the VSDialogs local variable.

Haven't been able to figure out what is going on the with two folders yet.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 202
(3,793 Views)

Good catch.  That fixed the "Start VeriStand" step.  I was able to change it manually and it worked.

My next issue is my "Set Channel Value" step is getting an error.  It is configured and I have verified I can change the variable from my VeriStand Workspace manually.

Capture.JPG

Here is a snap shot of step properties and Locals.  I don't see the "Locals.VeriStand.WorkspaceReference" that the error is referring to:

Capture2.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 202
(3,793 Views)

Starting with the 2.2 steps we moved all the references that were opened in various steps into a single open references step.  Add that as the first step in your sequence and I think that will do it.  I need to add that to the documentation on the web for the steps.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 202
(3,793 Views)

Hey Kevin,

I also have a problem with the Set Channel Value Step. I checked that I can change the value in the workplace and verified that the value is a decimal (as I can see it in the workplace) because the error is...Run Kevin Bsp.1 Error Set channel value.PNG

Shouldn´t it  be then a decimal too in th configuration of the step? I tried different values but it looks like it isn´t the right kind...

Thanks!

Michi

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 202
(3,793 Views)

Hey Michi,

Can you post a screenshot of what the step properties window looks like for the Set Channel Value Step?  Specifically I am interested in what the values of everything under the Veristand container are.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 202
(3,793 Views)

Hey Kevin,

here the screenshot...

Run Kevin Bsp.1 Error Set channel value2.PNG

It´s the right one?

Thanks!

Michi

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 202
(3,793 Views)

Hey Michi,

I see what the issue is.  You need an Open References Step as the first step in the sequence. Starting with 2.2 I consolidated opening all the global references so a single step.  Also make sure you set the ip address of your gateway in the open references step properties. 

Sorry about the confusion.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 202
(3,793 Views)