NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Hey Michi,

In the version of the steps built for VeriStand 2012 (2.0 and later) there are no longer module tabs on any of the steps. What used to be contained in the module tab is contained in a post step for the step type.  These can be seen if you go to the type menu (CTL+T) under NI_Veristand_types.ini.  The configure dialog for the step stores the parameters used for the step in the property browser.

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Kevin

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 202
(3,887 Views)

hey Kevin,

I think that´s it. Thanks!

But now I´ve got an other problem... when I analyze the sequenze there are some warnings in the analysis results. They all leads me to the same spot but I just can´t figure out what the meanig of these settings is!?

Problem Kevin Bsp.1.PNG

Thanks!

Michi

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 202
(3,887 Views)

Hey Michi,

I fixed those analysis errors in the latest version of the steps (2.2).  The fix is essentially to add a #NoValidation directive around the Local variables used by the steps.  Since these variables aren't created until run time they fail validation.  To install the new version of the steps just uninstall the current version and install the latest installer.  Since all the customization of the steps is contained in substeps your sequences should update.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 202
(3,887 Views)

Hey Kevin,

it seems to work on severel warnings of the analyze results but some of the same kind are still there. Could there be another reason for this error?

Problem 13.6 Kevin Bsp..PNG

Michi

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 202
(3,887 Views)

Oh, I just saw that I posted you one of the other warnings...

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 202
(3,887 Views)

Hey Michi,

A lot of the steps have the local variables in them so you will have to replace them in every location (or just install the 2.2 version of the steps).

Kevin

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 202
(3,887 Views)

When I installed 2.2, I saw this same problem.

I went to add/remove programs and saw two entries for NI VeriStand 2012 Custom TestStand Steps. So I uninstalled them both and reinstalled 2.2. That worked

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 202
(3,887 Views)

Hey Kevin, Stephen,

I had installed the 2.2 version but at first these warnings were still there. Now it works! Thanks a lot!

Michi

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 202
(3,887 Views)

Kevin,

I noticed after I installed version 2.2 that I have two VeriStand folders added to my "Step Types" pane in TestStand ("VeriStand" and "NI VeriStand").  This might be an artifact from the previous version.  Just pointing this out for future fixes.  I uninstalled the previous version prior to install version 2.2.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 202
(3,887 Views)

Hmmm,

Everything should be grouped under the NI VeriStand folder since I removed the VeriStand folder in the 2.2 release. I will look more into it.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 202
(3,887 Views)