NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Hey Davide,

For question 1 - values on the VeriStand workspace are usually linked to channels in the system definition.  You can set the value of these channels using the Set Channel Value Step.

Can you post the sequence you are using to get to the error 17300 you posted?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 202
(4,586 Views)

I had try to use the Set Channel Value Step but I am very unluck or....

Crash the Teststand for this error

SetChannelError.JPGI send you two file by email. Thank's you

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 202
(4,586 Views)

Hey Davide,

If you send these to me or post them here I can take a look at what is going on.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 202
(4,586 Views)

Hi Kevin,

I am using Veristand 2012, Teststand 2012 and LabVIEW 2012. I have got the same error Vaccaro. Then I realize that i need to start Veristand 2012, not Veristand 2011 as also installed to my maschine.

How to modify step "Start Veristand" to call Veristand 2012?

Thank for your help!

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 202
(4,586 Views)

Hey Rajamodol,

To modify the steps for 2012 other than start Veristand you just need to change which version of the assembly they are calling. For start VeriStand its a little trickier since the assembly call we used to make that step in 2011 doesn't exist in 2012 anymore.

I am currently working on a 2.0 release of the steps which will support VeriStand 2012 as well as add a couple of new features.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 202
(4,586 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was looking in Veristand .NET API just to change "NationalInstruments.Veristand.VeristandSteps(1.0.0.1)" to version 2012. I didn't find any..:(

I modified then the other steps like Open Project, Deploy Project, and OpenWorksspace to NationalInstruments.Veristand.ClientAPI(2012.0.0) without modifying any other variable.

I run first Veristand 2012 manually, and then run my sequences. Then i received this error.

veristanderror.JPG

If you don't mind, are there any variable i shall modify?

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 202
(4,586 Views)

Hey Rajamodol,

The issue you are running into there is that the post steps which handle the VeriStand errors are also set up for 2011, they need to be updated to point to the 2012 API.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 202
(4,586 Views)

Hi Kevin,

is there a plan when the steps will be updated to VS 2012?

Andreas Stark
LabVIEW Lead @ Rocket Factory Augsburg
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 202
(4,586 Views)

Hey Andreas,

The new version should be out in the next month or so.  I am making some major modifications and feature improvements at the same time as updating to VS 2012.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 202
(4,586 Views)

Hey Kevin, I just tried to install the steps on a Win7 64-bit and it doesn't work. I mean the installer exits without an error, but in TS all steps are on the top level and there is no NI VeriStand folder that contains the steps. I didn't test any further, but I think this is a path issue.

Andreas Stark
LabVIEW Lead @ Rocket Factory Augsburg
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 202
(4,586 Views)