NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

TylerJ,

I want to say in the least binding way possible that - if all goes ideally - we could have the TS 2014 versions of the steps out by the end of this month.  They are a high priority for us right now, but not the highest - there are things that can come up that would push them back.  We certainly want them done by the end of the year.  That being said, we could release them sooner if it weren't for the testing.  We want to make sure they are more robust than the earlier versions, as well, and are doing more to test them as part of our development.

I see you are working with Daniel_E to move the J1939 custom device to 2014.  You've got the right man for that job, since he wrote it.  I hope that goes well for both of you.

0 Kudos
Message 191 of 202
(1,882 Views)

Thanks,

And I'll keep an eye out for those new steps.

0 Kudos
Message 192 of 202
(1,882 Views)

Is there anyway you can expedite the delivery of VS Teststand 2014 steps ? We can use any beta versions to get started. Currently  we do run into memory issues with teststand with large sequences, moving to 64 bit would help solve some of these.

0 Kudos
Message 193 of 202
(1,882 Views)

ashm01,

What is your timeline looking like? 

I work with closely with Kyle Thornton.  We also should evalutate what we may be able to do other things to optimize TestStand execution and memory in the meanwhile.

0 Kudos
Message 194 of 202
(1,882 Views)

We would like to migrate to the 2014 versions for our new test beds starting end of OCT. Hoping to deploy Veristand 2014 with Teststand 2014 64bit.

We have optimized our sequences as much as possible (reducing logging) rearchieted some of the calls etc. but it still is a delicate balance. Having no memory limit on TS2014 looks appealing at this stage.
Ash

0 Kudos
Message 195 of 202
(1,882 Views)

We are also in need of the 2014 version. Trying to put together a demo with TestStand 2014 and Veristand 2014 by early Nov.

0 Kudos
Message 196 of 202
(1,882 Views)

I am trying to install the latest "TS 2013 VS 2013 SP1.msi". 

I uninstalled the previous version. 

During the install process, a cmd prompt opens titled "removeoldinsertionpalleteitems.exe".

It looks like the installer is trying to open TestStand, but it does not find a license.

When I click on "License Status", I see the following:

TestStand

Licensing Attempt 1:

Permission required to checkout license from "NAT039APP:27550". (NILM20)

Contact your license administrator if you have any questions.

Next, the installer fails. 

I do have a valid TestStand license that I am checking out.  I can open TestStand by itself.

It seems the issue is that the installer is unable to retrieve a license from the license server.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 197 of 202
(1,882 Views)

I was able to get the install to complete by using a trial even though I have a license.

The next issue I encountered is the following:

An exception occurred inside the call to .NET member 'GenerateReport':

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xFFFFBC6B): Index out of range.

at NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API.ReportSections.get_Item(Object index)

at NIOTFReportGenerator.CollectionStepResult.UpdateExisting(IStepResult updatedStepResultI, Boolean usingConserveMemory, ReportFileStream& tempFileStream)

at NIOTFReportGenerator.ChildStepResults.ProcessNewStepResults(Hashtable& newThreadSeqCallResults, Boolean usingConserveMemory, ReportFileStream& tempFileStream, String[] reportSnippets, Int64 offsetAdjustment)

at NIOTFReportGenerator.ChildStepResults.ProcessNewStepResults(Hashtable& newThreadSeqCallResults, Boolean usingConserveMemory, ReportFileStream& tempFileStream, String[] reportSnippets, Int64 offsetAdjustment)

at NIOTFReportGenerator.OTFRptGenerator.GenerateReport(SequenceContext sequenceContext, String inputReportHeader, String inputReportFooter, ReportSection& mainSequenceReportSection, String& errorMessage, Double& errorCode, Boolean& errorOccurred)

0 Kudos
Message 198 of 202
(1,882 Views)

Dan A.,

I'm glad you got them installed. 

These errors make it look like something is wrong with TestStand, not these steps.  Can you post it in the TestStand forum or get in touch with support?  They would be better equipped to help you than I am.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 199 of 202
(1,882 Views)

Hello Kevin,

I have just one question, a customer recently asked me about the next release for the TestStand with Veristand Add-on. He is using the one with TestStand 2014 SP1 and Veristand 2016. Are there plans for a TestStand 2016 version?

Greetings

Guillermo O.

AE LATAM

Guillermo Oviedo
R&D Software Engineer
CLA | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 200 of 202
(1,878 Views)