cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform log to database

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all:

I had got a waveform from oscilloscope by a labview vi and saved it as labviewAnalog waveform type.   I want to log it to database (Prop_Analog Waveform tabel).  How can I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,316 Views)

Hey Sailfish,

You should be able to do this directly by checking the Log box next to the parameter in the Step Settings pane. I also noticed that you need to store the parameter in a location in order for it to be logged. I created a Local variable called Waveform with the type LabVIEWAnalogWaveform, and inserted Locals.Waveform into the Value expression of the output parameter. After following these steps, I saw the waveform logged to the database in the table you mentioned.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you run into any other issues with it!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,298 Views)

Hi Daniel E:

Can you show me an example.  I can't find the log box in the Step Settings pane in TS4.1. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,080 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sailfish

Hey Sailfish,

Since TestStand 4.1 doesn't have the Log checkbox, you can add the parameter to the report using the Additional Results functionality. To do this, you will need to click the Properties tab of the Step Settings for your step, and navigate to the Additional Results sub-pane. From there, you can select the parameters to be included. 

Note that as I mentioned in my first post, on the Module tab where you see the parameters, you will need to store the waveform in a location (such as a Local variable) in order for it to be logged. This is a known issue in your version of TestStand.

I hope that helps clear things up--if not, please let me know which version of LabVIEW you're using, and I will create a simple example and post it for you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,071 Views)

Hi Daniel E:

I have tried your suggestion on TS2012, It's OK.  

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,989 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Is this the same issue (and workaround) as described in CAR 206892 ?

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14552/en/#206892_by_Date

Any idea if this issue is adressed to be solved and in which version?

Thanks,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,710 Views)

Hey Roger,

This issue is still present on the TestStand 2013 Known Issues List (as you linked). We do have the open CAR for it and it is being tracked for possible fix in a future release, but I do not have information on when that will occur. I went ahead and added information to the CAR to inform our developers that you and Sailfish encountered the issue. In the meantime, is the suggested workaround above sufficient for your needs in your test development? I'd be happy to look into alternate solutions if you have concerns about it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,707 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the answer.

My most concern is the memory usage when I have to log every waveform to a separate local ... but that's not the case right? I can "re-use" the local for every value with the same datatype?

Thanks,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,705 Views)