From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

type differ not finding type conflict

Hi,

I just tried out the batch type differ.  I loaded in all the step type files in the MASTER files stage of the wizard, and then selected the sequence file directory (including sub-directories).  The batch type differ did not find any type conflicts, however I KNOW that the sequence file has a conflict because TestStand tells me so when I try to open it. I reduced the files to the two files in question, and tried various combinations of the locked state etc, but to no avail.

I just tried the single file Type Differ tool, and it actually found the conflcts!

Any hints as to why the batch type differ did not pick up the conflicts? 

Regards

CF

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,939 Views)

Chris -

What version of TestStand were you attempting to use the Type Differ with (3.1, 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, etc.)? Also, would you happen to have made a backup of the original, bad sequence files that you could provide for us to attempt to reproduce this behavior? It would be very helpful in tracking down whether or not this is a bug in the Type Differ so that we could potentially fix it.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,915 Views)

Hi Manooch,

Sorry for the long delay in replying.

We are using TestStand 4.2.

The files have changes since I wrote this post, and it would take a bit of effort to determine which files I actually found the issue with!  Apologies for this, there was a lot going on at the time.

Thanks

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,774 Views)