From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ts.starttime

Hi,

for each step there is a parameter named TS.StartTime. The TestStand ReferenceManual explains it as "the number of seconds since the TestStand Engine initialized". I do not realy understand when the TestStand Engine initializes. What I need is just the start time of each step (i.e. sequence call) in my main sequence to have a start and end time for each of it. I can evaluate the end time of a step with TS.TotalTime, but to do this I need a start time.

Thanks a lot and regards

Nicole
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,293 Views)
Hi Nicole

Maybe this forums entry will help you.

regards

Manuel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,269 Views)

Nicole -
The value in the TS.StartTime is similar to the Seconds expression function.  You can use the Date and Time expression functions to convert the output of Seconds to a formated string or individual values.  The key is to pass the seconds value to parameter 6 and True for parameter 7 of the Date or Time functions. 

If you want to know when the engine started, you can determine this by calling the expression: 'Seconds(False) - Seconds(True)', or using the API by calling 'Engine.SecondsSince1970UniversalCoordinatedTime() - Engine.SecondsSinceStart()'.

Scott Richardson
Message 3 of 3
(3,255 Views)