cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the attribute of property

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,all:

I am a new learner of teststand, and i have some questions confused! There are two ones:

1: the property attributes

The help file of TS tells we can creat a attribute of property,such as step or sequence; and i don't know in which condition we can use it ,

show me the examples may be better; i was confused about it for long time.

2: the attribute named "TestStand Hyperlink"

I find one sample for TDMS, and the attribute named " TestStand Hyperlink",  and i don't know where it define? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,176 Views)

I am not sure if you are mixing up termini...

• "PropertyObject" is the base class for most objects in TestStand. E.g. "Step" inherits from PropertyObject, so each step could be understood as a specified PropertyObject. If you say "property" and step or sequence in one sentence, is that what you refer to (PropertyObject)?
  • "Attribute" is something you can add to PropertyObjects. There are no pre-defined attributes in TestStand so you will always have to use custom code using the TS API to access these custom attributes. The simple way to generate attributes is using the configuration dialog in the Sequence Editor.

Regarding the second point:

I am not aware of that example. But i assume that it uses a custom attribute of a specific PropertyObject subclass (e.g. step). It requires specific code to access that attribute so you should take a close look in the code to see how this can be done....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,150 Views)
Hi, Norbert:

Thank you very much for your reply!

I think i am not very clear about " the

attribute is something add to propertyobject".

What difference is between the built-in

property and it?

Regard the example which uses the attribute"

Teststand.Hyperlink" located in the teststand

folder named "examples", you can review it!

I hope you can give me more knowledge from

you, thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,143 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidtian

Which version of TS are you using?

It seems to me that you are not aware of how to review attributes of propertyobjects.

Looking into the example you refer to, the Locals.WebAddress, Locals.ImagePath and Locals.HTMLFilePath do have an attribute of type container named "TestStand". You can review this on your own by right-click on the variable (PropertyObject!) and select Advanced>>Edit Attributes...

For the implementation stuff, i haven't found too much things. It seems to me that it is part of the modelsupport2.dll which browses the TS data and then creates the hyper link string for the HTML page. Please note that for this, the PropertyObject with the attributes must be "AdditionalResults" of the step. I fear that only the "Hyperlink" attribute is implemented in the modelsupport2.dll.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,136 Views)
Hi, Norbert:

Thanks for your information!

I have found that in the "modelsupport2".

Can you give me some information about

propertyobject flags? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,117 Views)

I recommend you to read the "PropertyObject Attributes" fundamentals help in the TestStand Help. It should answer your questions.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,115 Views)