NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand with labview

Is there a good way to stop a sequence in Teststand 4.0 from a User interface made in Labview 8.5. If I use the exit button the program hangs after a few messages and what I want is that you can stop the sequence before it ends if necessary and start again.

Thanks Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,712 Views)

Dennis,

the feature you are looking for is called "terminate".

That being said, there is one important point you have to know:

If TestStand calls a module, it passes the systems sources to the runtime engine of that module. So unless the module has finished executing, TestStand "is sleeping". Terminating the execution during the code module's execution will still wait for the code module to finish execution.

You can, esp. for code modules executing an extended timeframe (more than a few seconds), implement  a "termination monitor" in the code module to exit the execution of the module if TestStand is terminating the execution.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,710 Views)

Hi Norbert, thank you for your quick reply and it seems that it is indeed what I am looking for but how can I implement a 'termination monitor'. I will explain a little bit more of the program. The program initialize a sequence in Teststand that will make a connection to a calibrator(fluke 5500a) and then sends a value to the fluke, after this initial value you can give a command for the next value and so on until the last value(from a database) and then the loop terminates and you wil get back into the main window(UI). What I need is that within the loop of sending new values to the fluke I want to have the possibility to stop the calibration(if somebody has made a mistake) and start over.

Thanks Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,706 Views)

Dennis,

depending on the language you are using, you should look into the TS documentation for "termination monitor". For e.g. LV, there are three dedicated VIs for this.

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,703 Views)