From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand Custom steps

Hi All,

I am working on  couple of projects A & B, which has custom steps specific to the projects.

If i want to work on Project A i need to remove all custom steps related to Project B and add all INI files related to Project A.

Do we have any other option where we can store custom steps infomation ? 

Best Regards
Manasa M
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,065 Views)

Manasa,

you can store the step types in the sequence files of each project. While this is most likely not the best solution, it could be a working one.

You could also create a tool which automizes the removal/adding of custom INI which is used for loading A or B.

As last option, you could change the TestStand Configuration Directory to project specific folders.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,061 Views)

Hi Manasa,

You can create a type palette file to store your Custom Step Types in, rather than the sequence file itself.

Regards

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,059 Views)