NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

testexec.ini reload

Hi,

In my custom user interface, I would like to reload the TestExec.ini after it has been changed on disk.

I start the interface and ApplicationMgr. The TestExec.ini is then overwritten later on disk.
Is it possible to reload it without restarting my interface or applicationMgr?

I tried ApplicationMgr.ReloadConfigFile without success.
There’s no return value to tell if it was successful and the help about the command is very simple:

ApplicationMgr.ReloadConfigFile: Reloads the application configuration file from disk.

I would also like to have the confirmation that the application configuration files are actually all the files in the CFG folder.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,121 Views)

To answer a part of your question, ApplicationMgr.ReloadConfigFile has nothing to do with TestExec.ini.

It doesn't relate to your original problem, but for more information about the ApplicationMgr config file, see ApplicationMgr.ConfigFile, ApplicationMgr.ConfigFilePath, and TestStand Reference Manual>>Creating Custom User Interfaces>>Persistence of Application Settings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,119 Views)
I should add that I personally don't know of a way to reload the testexec.ini file without restarting the ApplicationMgr. I haven't tested restarting the app mgr, but I think it should work if you've released all your TestStand references properly during shutdown.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,108 Views)

Someone else knows the answer whether it is possible to reload the Testexec.ini file 'dynamicly' ?

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,039 Views)