cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stylesheet path

I am writing my stylesheet in a folder like this

C:\MyCompany\StyleSheets\expand.xsl

and write my reports to a folder like this

"\\192.168.104.105\mfguser\testautomation\reports\xml\998877 012-34567-000 2013-05-31 10 13 56 Failed .xml"

the report will open but the gif images for the expand and contract are not shown

I am only able to get the images if I have both the report and the stylesheet either both in the local folder or both in the remote folder

I looked at the stylsheet to see if I could find out what is going on, and did see a lot of lines that have to do with paths, but I do not quite understand what is going on

does anyone know what to do about this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,554 Views)

Hello RustyStrings

The  path of the stylesheet to be used in the XML document, as you already know is set in the same xml file. If the  specific stylesheet is not present at that location on the machine that  is being used, then the document may be opened without styling. However the path to the stylesheet may be manually modified by opening the XML document  in a text editor.  The value that will need modification is the href attribute of the xml-stylesheet element which should be located at the beginning of the document. Change this path value to match the file location of the XSL stylesheet on  the machine.

Regards

Mart G

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,531 Views)

Thank you for replying

I was aware that the stylesheet path is in the xml document, and that it can be edited to point to some other place

The problem is that there will be a report for every UUT we test and that's a lot of editing (hundreds of reports)

Additionally we would like to be able to move all the reports to a central location and still be able to use the same stylesheet

The stylesheet can easily be copied to a new local drive in the path that is written in the xml report

I think the problem has something to do with the 2 different path types \\ versus C:\

also the stylesheet is being used it is just the .gif files that are not being found

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,526 Views)

Hi RustyStrings,

Are the gif files saved in the same location as the stylesheet you are using (C:\MyCompany\StyleSheets\expand.xsl)?  The stylesheet expects that the gif files be in the same location.  You can use the XML Packaging utility to ease the process of moving the stylesheet and it's dependencies.  The utility is located in the tools menu in the National Instruments » TestStand start menu folder.  This utility allows you to select one or more report file, and then move all of the dependencies of these files to a single location.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,514 Views)