NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

string not found in the langage resource files

Solved!
Go to solution

I execute my sequence and at the end of the test, I've got the following popup instead of the failed message (see StringNotFound.jpg)

I checked my TestStand 2013\Components\Language\English folder and it seems that I have all the files (EngineString.ini ...)

The PC I'm using has been installed with an installer I made. My installer installs TestStand editor, Labview runtime and module, and my sequences with their librairies. I had a problem with my sequence as a module path was wrong after I installed it. So, in my installer, I put the option "Include without processing Item or dependencies" only for his sequence. This resolved my problem with the path, but maybe it causes this problem of string not found ?

Does anybody have an idea ?

Regards

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,897 Views)

Hi,

Can you cross check if all the files are present in the TestStand 2013\Components\Language\English folder with a machine where this is working.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,878 Views)

Hello,

What do you see if the test passes?

What if you make a very simple test sequence and build a deployment for it, do you see the same behaviour in case the sequence passes or fails?

Pierre-Emmanuel BELLES
Certified LabVIEW Developper
Certified TestStand Architect

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,871 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Laurent_B

I ran into this same issue and ModelStrings.ini was not packaged into my deployment (though all the other files in ..\English were.  To resolve this you can either copy ModelStrings.ini directly to the location on your deployed machine or if you are using the Deployment Utility select the ..\English folder and its contents by having them in your workspace referenced.

Message 4 of 5
(4,798 Views)

Old thread, but thank you! For some reason an installation was missing 3 files ...

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(699 Views)