From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step result status

Hello all,

What is the teststand event generated at the end of execution of every test step in the profile?
At the end of execution of the profile the 'ExecutionViewMgr_DisplayReport' event is raised. Similary at the end of every step what is the even raised.
Is it the 'ExecutionViewMgr_Trace' event????

Thanks in advance.

Regards
MadhuSri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,448 Views)

MadhuSri,

You are right!  The Trace Event is generated after each step is executed.  This event will not be generated if you have turned tracing off in the Station Options.  If you do not want to turn tracing on, you will have to generate your own UI Message in the SequenceFilePostStep callback.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Santiago D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,417 Views)
Hi Santiago,

Thanks for th response. Sure it has answered my question.
how to set tracing on through coding....?

Thanks and Regards
MadhusSri

Message Edited by MadhuSri on 05-04-2006 01:42 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,384 Views)
Hi Santiago,

Thanks for th response. Can you just help me out in generating UUI messages through the SequenceFilePostStep callback.
Can this be done through coding?

Thanms and Regards,
MadhuSri

Message Edited by MadhuSri on 05-04-2006 01:48 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,384 Views)

MadhuSri,

There is a really good article on posting UI Messages on our website.  It covers what a UI Message is and how you can use it to communicate events between your Sequence and Operator Interface.  This article will teach you how to post the UI Messages.

Using Default and Custom UI Messages

[http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/7AEA63EF2FAD485C86256D210073725C]

In order to override the SequenceFilePostStep callback, in your Sequence Editor go to Edit >> Sequence File Callbacks.  Select the SequenceFilePostStep callback and press OK.  This will add a new Sequence to your Sequence File.  This Sequence will now be run after the execution of every step instead of the respective Sequence in the process model.  You will be adding the ActiveX Step used to post the UI Message to this Sequence.  Therefore, the step will run after the execution of any step in this particular Sequence file.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Santiago D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,338 Views)