NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step list configuration

Every time I create a custom step list configuration it doesn't show up after the sequence editor is closed and reopened. I assume the configuration is supposed to be saved out to disk but that doesn't appear to be the case. Am I doing something wrong?

kph
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,607 Views)
In the sequence editor they are saved with the UI Configuration which is normally saved when you exit and reloaded when you restart, however if you changed the sequence editor UI configuration option (in the sequence editor options dialog) to automatically load a specific UI configuration at startup, then loading that configuration will give you whatever step list configurations existed when it was last saved. You can resave that configuration to add step list configurations to it. Also if you reset the UI configurations that will reset the step list configurations as well.

Hope this helps,
-Doug
Message 2 of 5
(3,596 Views)
Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,561 Views)

Do you know where the configuration is stored so I could copy the configuration from one station to another?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,183 Views)

Chris,

For TestStand 4.1 and higher these files are located in: <CommonAppData>\Cfg\Seqedit

Where <CommonAppData> depends on your OS and settings typically:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\TestStand x.x

on Windows 2000/XP and:

ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand x.x

on Windows Vista

For earlier versions of TestStand the files are just in: <ProgramFiles>\National Instruments\TestStand x.x\Cfg\Seqedit

Hope this helps,

-Doug

Message Edited by dug9000 on 12-19-2008 12:22 PM
Message 5 of 5
(3,171 Views)