From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

share queue runtime

Hello,

Ik have 2 vi's which I want both own the same queue.

- 1 client 

- 1 server

In labview development it works.

Does it work in runtime when calling from teststand?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,619 Views)

Ok I now put the 2 VI's in a project and call the VI from project in teststand.

Now I see a problem.

When I first start looking for the "Data queue" which the server will create the code will wait for it until it is created.

When I close all and start looking for the queue which will be created by the server I find a queue but I did not create one.

Some how the queue stays in memory because I don't get an error when looking for the queue.

Maybe the project stays in memory?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,597 Views)

Greetings,

I am having a hard time understandin the issue you describe. Could you I get you to outline the problem in more detail and even post your code or screenshots of it?

Regards,
Eirikur Runarsson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,533 Views)

It's solved now.

I sometimes have problems with teststand when running a-synch vi's.

Don't exactly know what it is.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,413 Views)

InspectorGadget123123

Do you want to share with the rest of us what you did to resolve this, so others in similar situation could have a look?

Also, what problems do you have running asynchronous VIs in TestStand?

Regards,
Eirikur Runarsson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,392 Views)

Well the primary problem was that the CUEUE was not shared between 2 vi's in runtime, when I put them in a project they then share the same memory I guess.

Question still remains, when starting a sequence asynchr why does the sequence waits at the end of the sequence while the asynchr VI is running.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,390 Views)