NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report options in different folders

I have two separate projects in TestStand2.01,
Project PC- the sequence is in C:\pc\mytest.seq, I modify the report path to place all .txt reports in C:\pc\report folder.
Project Laptop- the sequence is in C:\laptop\mylaptop.seq, I would like to be able to place all reports of this test in C:\laptop\report folder.
Do I have to modify any callback to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,708 Views)
Hi trout00,

Depends how you are defining your report path.
If the Report Option have been to to use Specific Directory and if you are obtaining the full pathname of the sequencefile, stripping of the sequencefile name and using this resultant pathname as the bases of creating the report path, then No you will not have to modify any callbacks.

Likewise
If you are using the Client Sequencefile Directory then you probaly will not have to modify any callbacks.

Why not just write your reports to a commonly named folder that you use on any machine eg c:\Report Folder. (Just a sugestion)

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 5
(3,708 Views)
There are several ways to get around this, but the simplest for me is to do the following:
1) Configure Report Options to "Specific Directory" and enter a defult Path.
2) Add a Report Options Callback to you sequences and set the "Parameters.ReportOptions.Directory" string to be your new Report Path.

You can easily make this generic code to copy into both sequences by using the sequence file path. "RunState.SequenceFile.Path" will give you the full path of your sequencefile.
The following Expression will set the report path to be in a folder "Report" under the current sequence files path. (eg.for C:\laptop\mylaptop.seq it would put the report in C:\laptop\report)

Parameters.ReportOptions.Directory = Left( RunState.SequenceFile.Path, Find( RunState.Sequence
File.Path, "\\", 0, false, true ) ) + "\\Report"

Hope this helps
Simon Holman
CPE Systems Pty. Ltd.
Ph: (+613) 9419 1499
Fax: (+613) 9419 1411
web: www.cpesys.com.au
email: sholman@cpesys.com.au
Simon Holman
Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Developer

measX GmbH & Co. KG.
http://www.measx.com
Message 3 of 5
(3,708 Views)
How does Client Sequencefile Directory work?
Can I append \report to the path?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,708 Views)
In reponse to trout00's original question of having the report for different sequence files go to different report paths,

TestStand 4.2 gives you the ability to specify the report path using Expressions as well right from the Report Options dialog box. For instance, using the  

<ClientFileName> macro, you could specify that reports for different sequence files go to different locations.

For more information on this, refer to:
NI TestStand Help: Specifying Report File Paths by Expression
NI TestStand 4.2 Release Notes: Using Expressions to Customize Report File Paths

For more information on the new features in TestStand 4.2, refer to:
Whats New in TestStand 4.2

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,267 Views)