NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report file name

Solved!
Go to solution

If you open the process model you are using by double-clicking it in the status bar in TS editor, you will see sequence names in it with red icons. Those are the entry points.

If you notice the names, you'll notice also that those entry points are availabe in the menu Execute next to green arrows. This is what is executed before and after the MainSequence Callback (which is your test sequence containing Setup,Main, Cleanup).

If an xml is created, it means your Report default type is xml. Since you seem to desire .html files, you should go in the TS menu Configure->Report Options and select html instead of xml.

In your case, what green arrow do you use (Test UUTs or Single Pass)?

Message Edited by MatLaroche on 03-24-2009 10:14 AM
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,396 Views)

Thanks for your help. Found it.

I use the Test UUTs entry point.

Would it not be best for me to dissable report writing in TestStand options, and then enable it in my Setup seq ?

This way, it will not generate the not needed report?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,391 Views)

I believe the problem is you are configured in reports xml and you change it in the middle of the process to html. So the xml is never replaced with the generated report once the test is finished.

Did you try to configure to html like I told you and do you see any xml file anymore as a result?

You should take time to think about your architecture. You shouldn't have to modify things related to reports in your test sequence.

Why can't you use this architecture?

ProcessModel Setup

ProcessModel Main Beginning (get product, serial#, set  report file path)

ProcessModel MainSequence Callback (with serial#, product, and all what you need passed to your test sequence in parameters)

Your TestSequence Setup

Your TestSequence Main

Your TestSequence Cleanup

ProcessModel Main Ends (that's where report is written, etc.)

ProcessModel Clean uP

I think you are ignoring the process model right now and just do work-around, but sometimes you have to go in the Process Model and modify it so all the TestStand features works as you would like to. As you can see in the quick design I just did, the report path is used in Process Model Beginning (which is xml) and then you change it later (in your TestSequence Setup) which is after. So when you go back to process model, it's now configured with html

I know process model looks a bit complicated, but usually you only have to make small modification so it does the custom behavior you want and all your test sequence will be impacted the way you wanted to.

In your case, I would add a step to get the serial number/product and a step to modify the report parth according to the product and .ini file.

Then, just pass the number and product (if you still need them) in parameters to your test sequence (where your custom code is).

Message Edited by MatLaroche on 03-24-2009 10:41 AM
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,387 Views)

And dont forget to backup the original sequential model before making change to it 😉

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,382 Views)

Thanks for your kind help, it makes a lot more sense to me now.

One thing is, my UUT only gets assigned a serial number during the last steps in the Main sequence.

How can I work around this, as my report filename includes the serial number.

This means, the initial filename would be xxxx, and then has to change during the main sequence to the assigned serial number.

Surely this will cause problems again?

thanks once again!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,379 Views)

You can probably pass a parameter by reference to the UUT serial# (Locals.UUT.SerialNumber from the process model) via the MainSequence Callback so you have access from your test sequence and modifying it will change also the one in the process model (which is used in the report).

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,368 Views)