NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read tip strip of labview indicators in teststand

how to read the tip strip  for a labview indicator output in teststand that  has this vi as an action step?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,883 Views)

its also fine if i am able to read the discrption of that indicator

which  i will use in case of error  etc as a  guide.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,881 Views)

hi

one way of doing this is read the description/tipstrip of the indicator in labview VI itself (through the property nodes) and pass it as a parameter to the TS .(like all other outputs of VI).Depending on the value of this parameter you can take the action in TS.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,854 Views)

but then i have to edit every VI    which I prefer not to do

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,846 Views)

Hi,

the cat bites its tail here - speaking only from a LabVIEW side of the problem:

How do you want to get properties of a control who´s name you don ´t have? You can implement a VI, that gives you a list of the names of the front panel elements of another VI. Then, you can get properties of single front panel elements. But how do you know how to look for the tipstrip/label of an elemet, when you do not know which one?

In the Teststand LabVIEW Adapter you exchange Data over the known Frontpanel Elements of a VI - you need to know what you implement in the adapter

Regards

René

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,771 Views)

hi René,

I only want the tip strip infor for   the indicators , I have as parameters in  teststand step

controls(Inputs) are not relavent here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,766 Views)

Hi,

It is absolutely the same thing if you are looking for properties of indicator or controls.

To get the issues straightend out a little bit:

You have your LabVIEW Adapter in Teststand. You configure the Adpater to get the results of some indicators.

Let say, you read back the value of the indicator "MyIndicatorA". You already know the label of the indicator, otherwise you could not have configured the step. What are you looking for here exactely?

As for reading the tip strips of control, indicator... it doesn´t matter. Over the VI Server of LabVIEW you can get references to elements. Indicators are Elements. But the VI Server is bundle of function that you woul have to use in your LabVIEW Programm

A solution was already posted here: write VIs that put out the information you are looking for, using VI Server functionality. I think, what you are hoping for is a function in the Teststand VI Adapter "VI Indicator Tip Strip" of the indicator that gives you your parameter.

As far as I know , that doen ´t exist.

Regards

René

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,757 Views)

Thanks René,

ya VI server can help

I was just looking at the possibilities    so I can put tht   responsibility on the Test-Developer.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,741 Views)