NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read SVN Tortoise file revision number in teststand

Hii,

how do we read the Revision number(SVN tortoise) of  the Seq file in Teststand .

I Need to log this number in the test protocol

regards

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,038 Views)

I do not know the SVN command lines very well, but with TortoiseHg for Mercurial we use a "Call Executable" step with the following command line:

hg identify --num "PathToRepository"

catch the output in a Local string variable using the "Output Destination: Store in Variable/Property" setting on the "Standard Output/Error" tab of the "Call Executable" settings and parse that in the PostExpression by

Locals.StationRevision = Trim(Locals.StationRevision,"\n")

to have the RevisionNumber in a Local variable (which is a string in this case, but could be converted to a number using Val()).

Hope that helps.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,030 Views)

Hello aparab,

you can try

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit\bin\TortoiseGitProc.exe" /command:log "path to SVN working directory"

Appendix D. Automating TortoiseSVN

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,979 Views)

This question relates to svn only, and I wrote a simple project to back svn repository years ago.

You could try the command svnlook youngest

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,966 Views)

Hii all,

thankyou all for your helpfull suggestions.

I will start in LIFO (lastin first out)

1. svnlook youngest <filepath> unfortunately does not provide the Rev. No. , i have gone through a literature suggesting it works on Server side. But my machine is a Client thts the Logical  explannation i could find.

2. TortoiseGitProc.exe  my SVN Client does not include this Executalble.

I will post my soln.. later

regards,

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,960 Views)

"/c svn info "+RunState.SequenceFile.Path

gives me the result almost, well it dumps all info including Rev. number. but seems fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,957 Views)