cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prompt or pop up for model number

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Matt,

"his approach will work under the assumption that the overwritten PreUUT callback and "mynormaltestsequence" are located in the same sequence file, as they probably already are or as they most likely should be."

I found the  Testreport sequence.

I observe that the main sequence is : SequentialModel.seq   this sequence contains both the "PreUUT" sequence and the "TestReport"
sequence so the PreUUT and TestReport sequences can both access the "Parameters.UUT" container.

My sequence is not inside the SequentialModel.seq !!! 
The SequentialModel.seq contains the main TestUUT, SinglePass, Configure report options, PreUUT, Post UUT,...
Are you suggesting that I move my normaltestsequence.seq into this SequentialModel.seq?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,722 Views)

That's a great question!  When the Parameters.UUT.SerialNumber value is set  (i.e. when Parameters.UUT.SerialNumber = Locals.SerialNumber is executed), this number automatically becomes available to a local variable of the process model.  This is because the process model actually passes a parameter by reference to the PreUUT callback sequence, ergo the use of the "Parameters" object referred to above.  Once the process model has this value, it can then pass it in any subsequent step, including the report generation step that you inquired about.

Regarding your second question, when you overwrite a callback, you do so in your own sequence file.  You will still see the code for the original callback in the process model sequence file (e.g. SequentialModel.seq in this case).  However, the callback that will actually be executed will be the one located in your sequence file (e.g. mynormaltestsequence.seq in this case).  This is true of other callbacks you overwrite as well, not just the PreUUT callback.  In summary, it is important to note that the modifications will be made in your sequence file, not the sequence file that relates to the standard sequential process model.

Matt G.

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,716 Views)

Hello

YES in my stuff there was this stupid error!  Copy and paste and then forgotten to change :smileymad

but i see you have fixed it.

Trout, it seems you are new to Teststand. It does not matter. But until you a have lower skill you should follow some recomondations:

1. NEVER, do modifications in Teststand Model if you are new to TS

2. If you have to do modifications in the Model copy the NI folder where the model is to the User folder --> NEVER change the NI - files

3. Study the TS Reference Manual (pdf) chapter 1 and 10

4. If you have questions use the forum, there are a lot of expericenced TS programmers helping you

Greetings

juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,706 Views)

Juergen,

thanks for your help

I get everything working now

in your example, how do I set the cursor at the serial number input box automatically?

right now, the user needs to 1) grab the mouse cliking in the input box

2)and keyboarding in the serial number. .

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,696 Views)

Trout,

You can accomplish this by selecting "Response String" from the Active Control drop-down located in the Button Options container of the Text and Buttons tab of the Step Settings pane.  Of course, the step you will be modifying is the "Enter Serial and Model" message popup located in the overwritten PreUUT callback.

Matt G.

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,688 Views)

Thank Matt,

Excellent, I found the Active Control drop down,  

it works good now.

Below the Active Control drop down, there is a timeout button,  how to use this feature?

Can you explain what will timeout?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,683 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author trout00

Trout,

The timeout button refers to which of the buttons on the message popup will be automatically/programmatically activated (in a sense, "clicked behind the scenes" ) after a certain period of time elapses.  This period of time is then designated in the field directly below the drop down.  In the future, information of this nature can be found by pressing F1 to access the TestStand help that pertains to the area of the environment that you are presently working in.

Matt G.

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

Message Edited by Gist on 10-08-2008 01:26 PM
Message 17 of 17
(1,676 Views)