cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prompt or pop up for model number

Solved!
Go to solution

I have TStand 4.1 and LV8.6

In TStand, I like to add a pop up box with a radio button for the user to select two (2) models

- model XT

- Model NT

and save the selection for completing the test report at the end of the test.

I would like to have this action before the serial number pop up message.

how do I do this?

where is the location of PreUUT callback?  too many panes getting confuse me.

Thank in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(4,158 Views)

Hello,

the PreUUT Callback is in the ProcessModel,

see this page :http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3427

a2 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,156 Views)

Thank a2,

I appreciate your quick response.

I found the new sequentialmodel.seq

How do I add a selection for two radio buttons model XTor Model NT. before UUT serial number?

or

what is the best implementation for this requirement?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,153 Views)

Hi trout00

If you need the buttons everytime a uut excutes, i would override the PreUut Callback.

If there is only need to select when start(F5) is pressed so every uut uses the selected Model i would use the PreUutLoop  callback

Greetings

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,148 Views)

Hi ,

I had some time just figure out  this simple example

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
Message 5 of 17
(4,146 Views)

Thank Juergen

I like your cool example,  It really satisfies the requirement.

I executed your sequence and the old TestStand serial number pop up window did not pop up, which is good.

but I don't understand how does your callback sequence, overwrite the TestStand serial number pop up window

just my curiosity.

I know that you put your code in Main (between setup and clean up), but should I modify the PreUUT?

Also, I observed that the serial number window using a C code adapter, not a Labview adapter .

your example is really good.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,121 Views)

Hello,

Juergen is definitely on to something with his example.  To answer your follow up question trout00, Juergen actually placed code in the Main sequence of his "Callback.seq" sequence file as well as in a PreUUT callback overwrite.  It is the code that he placed in the overwritten callback that is actually changing the standard TestStand serial number popup behavior.  You can view his efforts in this manner by selecting the PreUUT sequence from the Sequences pane in the example he provided.  To create your own overwritten callback, you can right-click in the that same Sequences pane and select Sequence File Callbacks.  One thing to note, however, is that the PreUUT callback which Juergen has created needs to be modified in one location.  The "Set Serialnumber" number step in this callback should have the post-expression Parameters.UUT.SerialNumber = Locals.SerialNumber instead of Parameters.UUT.SerialNumber = Locals.nButtonHit.  This will designate the serial number to be what the user has entered in the text box rather than which button the user has clicked.  Other than this minor tweak, it sounds like you have a fantastic solution for your application.  If you have any further questions, please feel free to respond!

Matt G.

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,113 Views)

Matt,

Yes, I found the error and fix it.

in  previous TestStand version, we can access the 

runstate.caller.locals.serialnumber

for the Teststand version 4.1 the error is runstate.caller is an object reference

there is no locals.serialnumber after runstate.caller.

we know the serial number is in two places

1. Preuut - locals variable uutserialnumber 

2. Preuut - parameter.uut.serialnumber

how do I access the serial number from my "mynormaltestsequence"  ????

I am outside of the preuut sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,105 Views)

Hello again,

Perhaps you can create a FileGlobal variable which is set to the appropriate value within the PreUUT callback and then can be accessed by the "mynormaltestsequence" that you mentioned.  This approach will work under the assumption that the overwritten PreUUT callback and "mynormaltestsequence" are located in the same sequence file, as they probably already are or as they most likely should be.  Again, please feel free to respond with any additional questions about this approach!

Matt G.

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,099 Views)

How does the test report access the UUT serial number?

after clicking stop to end the test, I see the test report has the UUT Serial number.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,096 Views)