NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing data between TestStand User interface and Process Model

Hi Ppl,

Data between custom process model and custom teststand user interface is passed using functional globals. Now I'm creating a installer for this environment. Since the functional globals within the exe are no more the same as that in the process model the data communication doesn work. There are quite a few functional globals that are used in this fashion. how do I replace all these VI's with minimal effort. One way I could think off is to call these functional globals dynamically within the exe.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,086 Views)

Hm, data between TestStand executions and the UI should always be transferred using Custom UI Messages. This prevents the whole issue from the start.

Nevertheless, you possibly can use your UI as runtime environment for your code modules. At least with LabVIEW, you can do this. Simply select your UI.exe as "other executable" in the settings of the LV adapter (See Using LabVIEWTM and LabWindowsTM/CVITM with TestStand page 5-2). Maybe this already solves your issue.

Otherwise, i recommend you to switch to UI messages (what you should do anyways...)

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,064 Views)