NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel and sequental parts in one file ?

Hi,
The situation is following: there are several units for test (which can be done in parallel), and one routine for initializing interface, which has to be runed once. If i use sequental model with subsequences for parallel tests in case of "run sequence in a new thread" i have problems with generating reports (one report for every unit had to be made), in case of "run sequence in a new execution" i have problems with passing parameters (FileGlobals is not good place for it) but better situation with reports. In Parallel Model it's not clear how to initialise _once_ interface for all units "keeping it simple".
Any helpful ideas are wellcome (generating reports is essential part of tests).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,965 Views)
Hi,

Does this answer your question,

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=313&HOID=50650000000800000004230000&UCATEGORY_0=_8_&UCATEGORY_S=0

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,964 Views)
Not fully ,
I need to pass parameters (channel number for example), which are _different_ for every subsequence. I am using sequental model and want to launch subsequences in "New Execution" (to get separate report for _every_ subsequence). But parameters seems to be ignored (except sequence name, 1st parameter) when "Load Prototype" button is used. When i use "New Thread" paramters are passed without any problems, but report is generated in one big file.
I am a newbie to TestStand and I want to use TestStand as sequecer for using DLLs routines. But it seems to me that it is no use for "Batch" or "Parallel" models for bigger tests, where have to be sequental and parallel parts. Usage of this models without changes is not very comfortable. Maybe i am di
gging in wrong direction ? Maybe someone could send me peace of working code where subsequence is called in "New Execution" and few parameters are passed to it ?

p.s. Thanks for previous answer !
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,964 Views)
Roman,

I answered this question on your new posting:
http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HFORCEKWTID=18797:5&HOID=506500000008000000DE2E0000&HExpertOnly=&UCATEGORY_0=_8_&UCATEGORY_S=0

Regards,

Carlos Leon
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,964 Views)