NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening a teststand generated xml

Hello,

I have a test stand application that generates the test data record in the form of an xml file.  I started having problems trying to open those files if I try to forward them to anyone.  It seems to be the case with all of my test stand generated data recrods.  Some computers will open the attachements just fine while other will not open the same files.  Does my operating system matter?  I have attached two png files and a horizontal xls file just like I have always done.  I can they get corrupted over the course of time?  These data folders have been in place for years.  Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you.

Mario Cuesta

480-441-8320

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,337 Views)

Hi Mario,

The issue may be that the stylesheets that the XML reports use are located in different places on the target machine, for example due to path changes based on the operating system.  Even if you include the stylesheet, the reports will still look for it in a specific TestStand location.  You can use the XML packaging utility to package the XML file and all required stylesheets and images into a single directory.  The tool will fix all paths to the dependent files as well, so the report will always load correctly. The utility is here:

<TestStand>\Bin\XMLPack.exe

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,322 Views)

thanks for the reply.  I cannot see or retrieve the attachement though.  Is that something I can search and download from the NI website?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,267 Views)

The utility is installed with TestStand.  It is located here:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\Bin\XMLPack.exe

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,261 Views)