From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntdll.dll crash, exception 0xC0000005 After TestStand Deployment

I am trying to deploy a TestStand system, with custom test sequences, process model, some custom .dlls, and dynamic vi calls.

After finally getting the deployment to build, I can now successfully install on the deployment machine.

The deployment machine will successfully open my test sequence, and run my modified FrontEndCallbacks.seq. 

I get stuck, when I try to run the actual test sequence!

When I do so, I get the error message telling me that ntdll.dll crashed. I don't know what this is, but I gather that is a Windows dll of some kind.

I am trying to figure out the cause.

Development machine: Win XP, 32-bit. TS 2010 SP1, LV 2011.

Deployment machine: Win 7, 64-bit. TS 2010 SP1, LV 2011 RTE.

The AE assisting me in this suggested that I had a .NET issue, but version 4, which was suggested I install, is installed.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,993 Views)

Hi Jauron,

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the error?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,979 Views)

Sure thing...

The interesting bit - this only happens if I try to run my test sequence with my modified process model. If i open a new sequence, and run it, this doesn't happen. I say this is interesting because, in either case, I am only pressing 'Test UUTs' - and this processes GUI info for the model, the test sequence isn't executed until I enter a SN and click go.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,972 Views)

I run into a similar issue (error attached) when I try to analyze the Source Files in a TestStand deployment. Any idea what could be happening?

farjadzaheer_0-1580337766433.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,017 Views)

Hi farjadzaheer. Did you find a solution? I have the same Deployment utility crash report.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,601 Views)