From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating Teststand UI developed in LabVIEW 2012 to LabVIEW 2016

I Have a Teststand 2012 full featured UI called in LabVIEW 2012. Now i have migrated test stand 2012 to  2016 and full featured UI to 2016. code is not working and property node get states gives error 97 i.e Null reference is passed. if i disable property and runs code. code works but it does not execute custom steps created.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,166 Views)

I bit more information is required.

For instance the location of the property node calling get states? Is this a modified part the UI code?

Maybe add some pictures or code.

How have you done the migration. Have you used your TS 2012 code or have you used the TS 2016 code and added your changes?

NI make the following recommendation:

Based on the complexity of customizations you have made, choose one of the following approaches for integrating the files:

• Changes you made to the component are less complex than changes implemented in TestStand 2012 — apply your customizations to a copy of the newer version of the component.
  • Changes you made to the component are more complex than changes implemented in TestStand 2012 — apply the changes to the newer version of the component to the custom version of the component. Ensure that the component is interoperable with other components that depend on it.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,129 Views)

Its Solved.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,837 Views)