NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge mdb files

Hi I have multiple mdb files and would like to merge them into one file. All the tables are exactly the same. Is there a Labview vi that can do this? or can you assist?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,258 Views)
How is this related to TestStand? It's database functions do not use LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,253 Views)

It is related to Teststand when the database tick is enabled and results are store in the mdb file. When the mdb file reaches 1.5 gigs ....Teststand slows down when it trys to write new results to this file. So we have multiple mdb files that we would like to merge into one. So my questions was, if it could be done in Labview or can someone assist me with a solution, even if it is not in Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,247 Views)
Firstly, I would recommend that you start using an actual database. Anything, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, is going to handle larger data sets much better.

The sort of maintenance routine you need would not be exposed by normal SQL commands. The Access ide might have something but I haven't used it many years. If it's a one time effort, search the Microsoft forums. To do it all with SQL, I believe you would have to read with a select * and write that to a new db.

Consider a longer term solution for storing and archiving. At one location, I kept 3 months of complete test results and just pass/fail for the historic data. Using SQL Server, the database was at least as big as yours (several years worth) but I never saw any slowdowns. The schema was highly modified and extremely normalized from the default NI design.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,244 Views)