NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory out of range

Hi all,

I'm put in production my application running on TS2019 and with a OI in Labview.

15 Slots are running in parallel and produce a lot of results (each test duration is about 2hours). The memory usage increases.

But when it's close to 2Gb, I get some exception in code .NET module (memory out of range exception) and the reports are not generated any more.

I'm using a PC with Windows 7 64bits, with 8Gb of RAM.

Is it normal that program can't go after 2Gb? I though that limitation was 4Gb...

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(872 Views)

At least for LV 32-bit though 4GB is the addressable limit for 32-bit applications, some OS overheads limit the actual usable memory to 3GB.

I would guess a similar issue for your .NET module where the realistically usable memory is only 2GB?

You did not mention the bitness of LV or TS you're using? are those 32-bit?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(869 Views)

Thanks for your anwser.

Code module are in .NET assembly DLL and are called by OI executable. So no limitation with DLL.

I checked if OI executable have "Large Address Aware Functionality enable" and yes, it's enable.

I'm using TS&TS 2019 32 bits.

I see this command "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072". Do I have to try it?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(867 Views)

The simplest solution is to switch to TS2019 64-bit since you have a 64-bit OS and the sequences are directly compatible.

My understanding is that the 4GB limit with Large Address Aware enabled is for the TS process and all its sub-processes, this means, the OI, TS Engine, code modules all share this 4GB.

Now, you can spend all your time debugging the memory growth and curtailing them or simply switch to 64-bit and call it a day. Is there something stopping you from moving to TS 64-bit?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(863 Views)

Siplest solution? not for me.

I'm using a lot of DLLs x32 bits. And need to go to x64 bits with a lot of adaptations.

Maybe "on the fly" mode for report could be the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(845 Views)

In that case, to narrow down the issue, try disabling all report plugins and see if still there is a memory increase, if yes, then it is due to the code modules

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(798 Views)

Hi all,

I try to remove the most possible number of results in result list.

If I disable all results from process callback and sequence callback, will I remove results in result list?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(787 Views)