cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insufficient location information

Hi there,
what should me the error message: "...insufficient location information..."
tell!

Exact error message see -> attached file.

Mr.Pe
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,252 Views)
The Session Manger is a server that is used but the IVI step types to manage instrument sessions. If you are not using simulation mode and there is no physical instrument definition available or if the instrument address for that virtual instrument is incorrect, the above error can occur.

Scott Richardson (NI)
Scott Richardson
Message 2 of 7
(3,252 Views)
Thanks Scott,
that's the solution. I have no device behind my virtual instrument. When I search in the instrument driver section of the ni homepage for the specific driver I get 4 downloads

LabVIEW 6.0
LabVIEW 6.1
LabWindows/CVI 5.0.1
Visual C++ / Measurement Studio 6.0

but I need the IVI driver for TestStand, wich one of these 4 drivers should I take ??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,252 Views)
The "LabWindows/CVI 5.0.1" and the "Visual C++ / Measurement Studio 6.0" reference the same installer.

The fact that you installed TestStand, the driver may already be on your system, it may not be configured properly. You should be able to install it from the TestStand CD-ROM.

Scott Richardson (NI)
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,252 Views)
Sorry Scott,
but TestStand doesn't install the driver for my Hewlett Packard 6612C Power Supply. So I downloaded the
latest driver from the NI download section an install it. However it doesn't work.

When I press the Init button in simulation mode, I get an error message (-> "Failure loading driver" see attached jpg).

Is this a driver problem or do I anything wrong.

I tried it with all 4 available driver packages (LabVIEW 6.0, LabVIEW 6.1, LabWindows/CVI 5.0.1,
Visual C++ / Measurement Studio 6.0) with the same result.

Do you have any idea !?!?

Thanks for your comments

Mr.Pe
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,252 Views)
Here I'm again,

I think I have localized the problem. My Dependency Walker shows me a problem in the instrsup.dll.
Is this possible ?!?!?!?

I have attached a screenshot from my DW

Mr.Pe
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,252 Views)
This could be the problem. The version of the DLL that I have is 6.0.4.105 which is from CVI 6.0. I have placed a temp copy of my dll on ftp.ni.com\incoming\instrsup.dll. You might want to temporarily replace your copy to see if this fixes the problem with depends and the original problem.

Scott Richardson (NI)
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,252 Views)