NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set the number of sockets for batch processing at runtime?

Hello all,

I need to change the execution model at runtime. I have achieved this by setting the 'ModelPath' property of the sequence file at runtime. When I set the sequence file model as batchmodel, i need to set the number of test sockets also dynamically. How can this be done? Once i set the number of sockets, i would also have to set the UUT serial number for each socket. Please help me out in solving this.

Thanks and Regards
Madhu Srinivasan.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,851 Views)

Hi Madhu,

You can do this by inserting a sequence file callback into your main sequence and choose the ModelOptions callback. You can then use the expression step to set the "Parameters.ModelOptions.NumTestSockets" value to whatever you want. If you then use the Test UUTs execution entry point you will be prompted for serial numbers automatically. You could also use this same procedure but alter the ModelOptions callback in the process model directly, either way works just as well but I think that using a sequence file callback gives a bit more flexibility in the system.

Hope this helps,

Nick

Message 2 of 7
(3,848 Views)

Hi Nick,

Thanks for ur solution. I tried it out but the i find that though i set the "Parameters.ModelOptions.NumTestSockets" in the ModelOptions callback, it gets the number of test sockets only from the value entered for the Number of Test Sockets in the ModelOptions Dialog of the OI. How to override this value at runtime?

Thanks and Regards,

MadhuSri

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,837 Views)
I tried this on my system and it worked as expected.  You mentioned that you are setting the ModelPath property of the SequenceFile at run time.  Is this an operation you are performing in the OI?  I would place a breakpoint on your expression that is setting the NumTestSockets property to be sure that it is executed.  The ModelOptions sequence is executed at run time  so it overwrites whatever is set by the Model Options dialog.

Regards,

Tyler T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,824 Views)

Hi Tyler,

I am settg the ModelPath in the OI only. I have checked out with breakpoints and it has changed the value of NumTestSockets. Can you please send the example that you have tried so that i can find out what i am missing?

Thanks,

MadhuSri

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,806 Views)

Hi Madhu,

I still have the example I wrote to check this out, which version of TestStand are you using and I will post it here.

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,799 Views)

Hi Nick,

I got it done. It worked out fine for me too. Thanks.

Do you have any idea of how it can be done dynamically through the OI?

Thanks,

MadhuSri

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,796 Views)