NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to click several buttons at once on Popup Message

hello
I have been creating 5boutons on Popup Message [ "Can1", "Can2" .....] and that we can click once to execute the programm eg Can1Sequence or Can2Sequence.
  I 'like to know if it is possible to click on two buttons at a time that is to say can click the same button twice or clicking two different buttons and can execute both programs in parallel.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,867 Views)

You could have 2 mice connected to the PC.  Then you have to simultaneously click on the buttons... 😉

Seriously though.  This is a very interesting question and actually goes much deeper than just a click on a popup.  Do you need Can1Sequence and Can2Sequence to run sequentially or in parallel?  If it's in Parallel then you should use the parallel model.  If it's not then keep reading...

It feels like you want a dialog where they check the tests they want to execute and then hit go.  So the built in popup is not the right solution.  You need to build your own in an external code module (LabVIEW seems to be a good choice for a lot of people).  Basically you want a dialog with check boxes and then a go button?  Something like the attached image?

Hope this helps some,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 8
(4,854 Views)

@~jiggawax~ wrote:

You could have 2 mice connected to the PC.  Then you have to simultaneously click on the buttons... 😉

I was tempted to reply that, too. Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 8
(4,821 Views)

~jiggawax~ a écrit :

Seriously though.  This is a very interesting question and actually goes much deeper than just a click on a popup.  Do you need Can1Sequence and Can2Sequence to run sequentially or in parallel?  If it's in Parallel then you should use the parallel model.  If it's not then keep reading...

It feels like you want a dialog where they check the tests they want to execute and then hit go.  So the built in popup is not the right solution.  You need to build your own in an external code module (LabVIEW seems to be a good choice for a lot of people).  Basically you want a dialog with check boxes and then a go button?  Something like the attached image?

Hope this helps some,

Hope this helps some,how can I use the code created in Labview teststand so that we can run as many parallel CanSequence?
I have built the test on the labview image below.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,777 Views)

Why aren't you using either the batch or parallel model? The gui for either allows you start one or more threads. There are some examples that come with TestStand. There is even one called OverrideSerialNumForBatchModel where the PreBatch callback is used. This can be modified to pop up your own dialog.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,757 Views)

Dennis_Knutson a écrit :

Why aren't you using either the batch or parallel model? The gui for either allows you start one or more threads. There are some examples that come with TestStand. There is even one called OverrideSerialNumForBatchModel where the PreBatch callback is used. This can be modified to pop up your own dialog.

how was that during the execution of the test we have the opportunity to press two buttons below there is a picture. For 5 buttons I have used Popup Message at this time and can not be as pressing a button (so when I press a button the image disappears below and choose Test to execute).

at this time I ask myself if this is possible with Message Popup.

if possible I'd like as after the second stage with two "Sequence Call" to call the respective functions (that is to say if it was based on CH1 and CanX, then Can1Sequence functions and Can2Sequence be delivered). I will like to use Parallel execution.

"OverrideSerialNumForBatchModel" is difficult for me, because I do not know if it will be possible with what I have just described, and I do not understand how its function

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,663 Views)

Have you gone through the TestStand tutorial? There is a chapter on overriding a model callback. If you understand this and the basics of TestStand, you should be able to create your own popup VI that alllows you to select how many threads to execute. If you want all threads to start at the same time and use the same sequence, then you want to use the Batch Model process and not the Parallel Model. 

Your image of the popup is missing a 'Go' button that you click on after selecting how many sequences to run.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,635 Views)

Here is my suggestion:

Rewrite the message popup in LabVIEW (for this one case) and use checkboxes or some other mechansim to start multiple tests.

1.) Checkboxes (labeled Can1 to Can5) and then a single START button.

2.) Listbox allowing the user to select multiple entries and a single START button. The entries in the listbox would be Can1 to Can5 on seperate lines.

Thanks,

PH

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,584 Views)