cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change a step name in subsequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i am using the below statement to change the step name in subsequence. under pre expressions :

Step.name = RunState.SequenceFile.Data.Seq["MainSequence"].Main[Step.UniqueStepId].name + " [Channel: " + Locals.currentChannel + " | Iteration:" + Str(Locals.i) + "]"

I can able to execute the abouve statement in main sequence but not in subsequence. does anyone know how to change the step name of subsequence programmatically.

Thanks,

swathi kamble 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,710 Views)

Locals of Main sequence cannot be used in Sub Sequence (Local Variables are used within a sequence not between sequences.make sure you are suing parameters if you need to share data between Sequences.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,661 Views)

Hello, Thanks for the reply. I used the file global to pass data between the sequence but still i am getting the error ( refer to the attached screen shot).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,655 Views)

Hello Swasa

If Possible Share the Sequence Which you have created.so that we can view and suggest you the right approach.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,639 Views)

Hello,

In the main sequence i am calling call 4 up sub sequence, attached screenshot, In cal 4up seq on the 1 st step, i wanted to change the step name based on the for loop. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,628 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author swasa

Step.Name = RunState.SequenceFile.Data.Seq[RunState.Sequence.Name].Main[Step.UniqueStepId].Name + " [Channel: " + FileGlobals.currentChannel + " | Iteration:" + Str(FileGlobals.i) + "]"

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,618 Views)

Thank you!! It worked 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,600 Views)