NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how add values programmaticly from seq in teststand

Hi I am using teststand with labwindows/cvi.

I add values to result xml by using TS_PropertySetValString and path “Step.Result….”

(By the way, dose any body know another way to do it??)

So, it works. But when I do this in another sequence(MySequence) and call it from main sequence it doesn’t work. In other words, teststand report generation can’t see values in results of sequences (different from main sequence).

How can I solve it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,234 Views)
Hi,

What values are you adding for your report?  And why are you adding them? 
I'm not sure I understand what are trying to accomplish.  But there is a way to provide info / data from sub-sequences to a main sequence and having that appear on a test report.  

Can you provide more details?

Thanks,

JLV

Message 2 of 11
(5,232 Views)

So, i'll try to clarify:

There are two questions:

1. I need to add data to teststand report xml from my labwindows dll. i found this way: add data to

Step.Report...... and  afterthat teststand know to add data aoutomaticly to the report xml. So, the first question is: do you know easier way to add custom data to report xml?

2. When i do this operation (described in 1) all works. The problem is, that i use

TS_PropertySetValVariant function with testData->seqContextCVI. When i use sequence call from MainSequence to another sequence (MySequence) the variable testData->seqContextCVI contains MySequence but report generated for MainSequence, so teststand can't add data from MySequence to the report. I suppose to call MainSequence by api from MySequence in order to add data, but i don't know how to do it.

do you know how to solve this problem??

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,228 Views)

Hi,

Have you enabled reporting for that SequenceCall Step. By default the Record Results is disabled. Select the Step, right mouse click and select the Properties. In the SequenceCall Properties dialog, select the Run Options Tab and click on the Record Result control if not checked.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 4 of 11
(5,210 Views)

Mr Ray Farmer,

I have Record Result option checked. I see the result xml: teststand insert elements from sequence result xml, but high level only. It means: <Prop Name='TS' Type='Obj' Flags='0x0'> and his sons:<Prop Name='StartTime' Type='Number' Flags='0x0'><Value>150.5377505</Value> </Prop><Prop Name='TotalTime' Type='Number' Flags='0x0'><Value>0.0562527</Value></Prop><Prop Name='ModuleTime' Type='Number' Flags='0x0'><Value>0.055635</Value> </Prop> etc.

My be any body knows, how can i generate report for each sequence call? I mean: if i have main sequence that calls for another sequence then teststand will create reoprt  for main sequence and one else for another sequence.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,199 Views)

Hi,

What version of TestStand are you using?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 6 of 11
(5,196 Views)
but i am going to upgrade it to 3.5 soon
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,195 Views)
Hi,

I have attached a simple sequencefile. It call three steps in the MainSequence and the one of the steps is a SequenceCall. This sequence has one step.

There is a ReportOptions Callback to ensure setting to xml style.

I can see the report with the results of the two Pass/Fail steps in the MainSequence and the Pass/Fail step in the sub -Sequence.

Lets us know what you are getting.

Regards
Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 05-17-2006 06:29 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 8 of 11
(5,191 Views)
Your example works good, so first of all thank you.
I will compare it step by step with my sequences in order to find the diffrence.
I'll let you to know about results.

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,186 Views)

Hi,

So i found the diffrence: when i run your (each sequence) in new thread report generation of subsequence dosn't work.

And that's what i need to do beacause of the problem dicribed in digital.ni.com/public.nsf/0/ ad46b130ba24bb5c86256b8100689612OpenDocument Have you any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,169 Views)