NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiding steps at runtime

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a subsequence that I point the user to when they are asked to isolate a board failure.  To provide them with some flexibility, I have a popup that gives them a number of opetions (see attachment).  I have a test procedure that instructs them to select/run individual steps (i.e. '1' or '3' in the png).  The flow control (denoted by '2') is noise they don't really need to worry about, and may/will cause confusion (and possibly problems for me if they select them accidentally).  Is there a way to hide these Flow Control steps during runtime so that the user only sees '1' and '2' (and the other similar 'valid' selections?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,206 Views)
Do you want to hide or disable the steps during run time?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,199 Views)

I just want to hide the flow control (if possible) so the user has less clutter through which to filter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,196 Views)

Put it all in a subsequence and disable tracing into the sequence call.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,191 Views)

I thought of that, but once I move the select statement (and the associated case statements) into a subsequence file, I lose scope, and the Select and Goto statements no longer have visibility into the labels found in the parent subsequence (i.e. MR_RPack_R55).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,188 Views)

Hi,

You could use a subsequence to evaluate the result of the Message Popup ButtonHit, 

Select Next Step 1a.PNG

By passing in the Result.ButtonHit and the subsequence shall return the unique step id for the appropriate step -

Select Next Step 1b.PNG

The subsequence would use the select/case structure to set Locals.NextStepUniqueId:

Select Next Step 1c.PNG

The top-level sequence could then call the returned step id as a post-action to the subsequence:

Select Next Step 1d.PNG

(SequenceFile attached).

Regards,

Charlie

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,160 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mrbean

If there wasn't an explicit need to have the logic as flow control, then I'd be tempted to compact it all into the post-action of the Message Popup;

Select Next Step 2a.PNG

By setting the Message Popup Post Action to Goto Step, <Specify by Expression>, Use Custom Condition (TRUE):

Select Next Step 2b.PNG

And using the following Expression:

Step.Result.ButtonHit == 1 ? RunState.Sequence.Main["MR_RPack_R55"].UniqueStepId :
Step.Result.ButtonHit == 2 ? RunState.Sequence.Main["End_PCI_Isolation"].UniqueStepId :
Step.Result.ButtonHit == 3 ? RunState.Sequence.Main["MR_R103"].UniqueStepId :
Step.Result.ButtonHit == 4 ? RunState.Sequence.Main["PCI_Intf_PT"].UniqueStepId : ""

This should goto the appropriate step following the Message Popup.

(SequenceFile attached).

I hope this helps.

Charlie

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

Message 7 of 7
(4,159 Views)