NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate teststand sequence file from an XML file containing the sequence

Hi all,

I have the sequence in the form of an XML file. I would like to convert this XML sequence into the TestStand Sequence file. Is there any way of automating this process? How can the XML file be converted into the teststand sequence file?

Is there any specific format for the XML file to support so that it can be directly converted to a teststand sequence?

Thanks and Regards,
MadhuSri
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,437 Views)

Hi,

You would have to create a utility that reads your xml file then creates the required SequenceFile with steps.

Have a look at the examples in the TestStand\examples\Tools folder. There is a couple of examples.

This use a ini / txt file to define the steps to create. Also it uses a template.seq file to hold the Steps that are to be used in the target sequence file and uses the Clone method, rather that using the type palettes.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,435 Views)

Hi MadhuSri,

I think the best place for you to start would be to take a look at our sequence builder tool shipping example. Locate this example at <TestStand>\Examples\SequenceBuilderTool. This example acts as a tool for programmatically creating and executing new test sequences. The tool clones prewritten and configured test steps located in a template sequence to create a new test.

This example does however use LabVIEW to gather the steps. It either uses LabVIEW to directly display step names in a listbox or read from an .ini file.

If you have XML code, perhaps look at some of the XML VIs in LabVIEW to manipulate the data.

Hope this helps!

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,412 Views)