From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find names of nested calling steps spread throughout multiple sequence file during runtime?

Hii,

I am using multiple sequence files which are interdependent. I want to know the whole calling tree including the step names to have a hold on the complex  test structure as I debug and send those names to OutputMessages.

Also I am uncertain how deep the nesting names could be may be 2 or 5 calls deep.

Is there a  command or programmatic way anyone has tried to get the nested names of steps ?

I hope I have stated my problem clearly enough !

thanks

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(778 Views)

it looks like you have to create a vi (or any other piece of code that can work with TestStand APIs) that recursively searches for SequenceCall Steps in a sequence and determines names of sequences called by those steps

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(758 Views)

Since you meant during execution, I would suggest you lookingup TestStand Call Stack and yes, you can access it programmatically.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(744 Views)

yes I know that, everyone knows, the solution has to be elegant and adjust according  to the sequence no brute force method.

thanks

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(720 Views)