NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files for archiving

I want to put my TestStand Project in a software archive. Therefor I have to know which files are neccesary to keep and which are automatically created so don't have to been archived. Is this described in a document?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,766 Views)

Hey Niek,

What options of your TestStand project do you want to archive?  Do you want to archive the search directories and the report options, or do you just want to save the sequence files and code modules?

If you just want to backup your particular project, then you would just need to archive the sequence files and the appropriate code modules.  If you wanted to preserve the search directories etc., you would need to backup the <TestStand Application Data>\Cfg\TestExec.ini.  I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Software Engineer
Jett R
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,710 Views)

Hello Jett,

I want to create a backup of my project, not of my workstation, so search directories don't have to be preserved. I have created a workspace in TestStand, which contains a project. And the project contains some sequence files and more. I known that I've to backup all files which are in the workspace. But I don't want to backup files which are automatically generated by TestStand and which do not contain any important information to rebuild the project.

Is there a description of the filetypes which are are created by TestStand, so I can decide which files I have to backup and which not?

Regards,

Niek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,701 Views)