From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqmx vi's and teststand integration

Solved!
Go to solution

So far i have been doing good on teststand using regular instruments as  scope, power supply, function generator, dmm and switches.

so i had to use a daqmx card  for a particular test. And i found that i cannot pass the reference of the task across teststand as it would be with a regular dmm, function generator instrument. the regular proces i am used to is to:

*init instrument(get reference)

*use Vi's to :

Configure

Read

Start

Stop

*Close reference

So what i had to end up doing for example in a test were i set analog ouput value to my DUT then  via serial port get the value that my DUT is reading. 

the ususal way will be steps:

-set daqmx

-start daqmx

-Read Serial DUT and do a limit test

-Stop daq

-Close task

but it doesnt work that way.

what i end up doing is run a vi on the background with the Daqmx task and have a notifier from testand closing my vi like the picture

daqmxexample.png

Teststand notifier

testandnotifier.png

is my statement about daqmx  correct?

is this one of the ways to do it with daqmx?

your input to improve the use of daqmx on testand will help me a lot. 

thanks 

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,817 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author buton

Buton,

You can indeed pass the DAQmx task handle between different LabVIEW action steps. TestStand has what's called a LabVIEWIOControl, which is a particular kind of object used to transfer these LabVIEW IO parameters between steps. More information on this process can be found here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/131A6A87C331B3CA862571EA0004D8C1

On the LabVIEW side, all you would need to do is create the necessary controls/indicators wired to your front panel with the task handle inputs and outputs; the above KB describes how to implement the object that will handle these references on the TestStand side.

Kirk L. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(5,724 Views)

Buton,

For your information, MESULOG provides free DAQmx Custom Step Types for NI TestsTand.

They are we easy to use :

daqmx_steps_palette.png

And it's FREE !

So don't hesitate to download and try it.

Kind regards,

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE
CTA - Certified TestStand Architect (2008 - 2022)
CTD - Certified TestStand Developer (2004 & 2007)
CLD - Certified LabVIEW Developer (2003 & 2005)

Message 3 of 4
(4,540 Views)

Thanks for this....

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,535 Views)