NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customize xml batch report

I am using xml report and need to customize the batch report body to add values. Did override the ModifyBatchReportEntry callback but noting gets written to the batch report body. Does this needs to update the xls files? if so can the xls file be updated dynamically?

thanks!

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,992 Views)

Hello,

Hmm it seems like the modifies are not working correctly.  This might be an issue with calling a DLL instead of running through the sequence.  Let's try opening TestStand » Configure » Report Options » DLL » at the bottom select the Sequence radio button.  this will gurantee we call the ModifyReportEntry callbacks.

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,967 Views)

Hello,
Unfortunately there is not currently an option to select Sequence for the report generation method when the report format is XML. There are, however, a few alternatives: Using the ATML, HTML, or ASCII formats will allow you to select Sequence, and at that point the ModifyReportEntry callback (and other similar callbacks) will become available.
If you are required to continue with XML you will need to modify the DLL that TestStand uses to build the XML report. For your convenience we include the source code for this DLL. You will find the project file at <TestStand>\Components\Models\TestStandModels\.
Thanks,
Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,952 Views)

Thanks Daniel, I am able to override the ModifyBatchReportEntry callback for xml. Although not trivial, it involed the modification to the xslt and updating the reportgen_xml.seq.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,942 Views)

@lvrat wrote:

Thanks Daniel, I am able to override the ModifyBatchReportEntry callback for xml. Although not trivial, it involed the modification to the xslt and updating the reportgen_xml.seq.

Ivrat, can you expand on the solution for this problem?  I just ran into the exact same roadblock and would love to know what you did for modifying the xslt and the reportgen_xml.seq to allow the ModifyBatchReportEntry callback (which I assume will also allow the ModifyReportEntry callback as well, which is what I really need).

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,749 Views)